HTC One Wows in Sound Quality and Impresses in Battery Life Tests

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Mar 12, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

We have a couple of intriguing tidbits to share regarding the new flagship, the HTC One. First up, their new BoomSound feature for the device is shockingly good, especially for a smartphone. The device includes two speakers for Stereo sound, but the Beats Audio enhancement for it also takes things a step further. The above video offers an excellent presentation of the new audio enhancement technology from HTC, and the results speak for themselves. We've never seen/heard a smartphone with audio quality this powerful and clear before. Obviously, sound quality is rather subjective in many regards, so we will let you hear and judge it for yourself so you too can be amazed.

[​IMG]

The second morsel of intel about the phone came out yesterday. Apparently, the HTC One, despite not having a very large battery (2300 mAh) posts some impressive battery usage results. As you can see in the pic above, it bested the Nexus 4, the SGS3 and the iPhone 5 in 3G talk time with a ridiculous 16.8 hours! Even more impressive was its video playback results of 8 hours and 32 minutes. These are fantastic numbers and even rival some tablets! Could it be that our fears and misgivings about small batteries are simply a misconception in some instances? Perhaps hardware and software efficiency tweaks really are enough to make up for a smaller battery. The new HTC one seems to be living proof of that.

Maybe HTC's problem isn't their batteries but simply an image problem from the past they can't shake. Admittedly, sometimes their support has been weak, but they have been working to correct that. They also really need to step up their game in advertising.

The HTC One could be more of a game-changer than people are giving it credit for. While the rest of the industry is so focused on the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S IV, it's entirely possible a better (or at least worthy) competitor is already about to hit the streets at the end of March. It's a gorgeous device, with impecable battery life, amazing sound quality, a beautiful 468ppi display and ultra-smooth performance. What more could you want in a phone?

Update: We also have word that some leaked bluetooth docs strongly suggest the HTC One will actually be coming to Verizon as well as the other major U.S. carriers. ~ MobilenApps

Source: AndroidAuthority
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  2. FoxKat

FoxKat DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Now what we need is a Bluetooth Subwoofer that syncs with the speakers and works in combination to create a 2.1 fully symphonic sound - not the mini Bluetooth Subwoofer speakers out now which replace the speakers in the phone, but one that plays along with them. I'd buy a Bluetooth Subwoofer if I had that phone, and I'm sure they'd sell like mad. Put one at your desk at work, sync the phone with your PC via Bluetooth and you have a set of speakers for the PC with wide range audio, AND an internet radio/media player/movie player that has nice frequency range - let's say from 45 Hz to 20 KHz. Heck, make it battery powered and small enough to fit into a backpack. The Boombox of the 21st century!

View attachment 61135
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  3. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who finds the HTC rollercoaster of "they are on the edge of disaster" one day, and "they make amazing and popular devices" the next, kind of confusing?

-Matt
  4. bluefire7002

bluefire7002 New Member

After seeing this and the recent tests done with the battery life. If the most recent rumors are true and this come to Verizon, I will be dumping my cracked screen nexus :biggrin:

I've loved the design on this phone and 32gb is just perfect for me. the GS4 looks like it's going to be identical to GS3 (looks wise). HTC may have been bad the last few years but this phone definitely looks promising
  5. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable Well-Known Member

Definitely looks like a contender, which HTC desperately needs. The GS4 is looking like butt so far.
  6. bigdad63

bigdad63 Member

I have a32gb gs3 and a 64gb class 10 card. the screen is good, I know it could be better. The processor is good, I know it could be better the battery life is good, I know it could be better. The camera is good, I know it could be better. can I live with that much less memory? Hard to say. can I live with a non replaceable/upgradeable battery? Hard to say. 1 thing I can say for sure is that if I buy the Galaxy S 4 I will forever covet that sound system with the front facing speakers. That is always 1 of the things that has bugging me about cell phones weather watching a movie or using the speaker phone.
  7. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

This is the exact reason why I won't buy an HTC device. Even if it is a bad ass phone, the shape of the company financially is what troubles me and how HTC has been so bad at releasing updates for past phones.
  8. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Well-Known Member

Definitely with you on that one. After a long run of Motorola phones, I am also ready for something different. I think the final kick in the shin was buying a used Samsung Stratosphere for my son, and watching it easily outmaneuver my D3. I recently played with a DNA and really liked it, but I think a Nexus 4 might have my name on it.

-Matt
Search tags for this page
htc boom sound verizon
htc boomsound battery life
htc boomsound verizon

htc one audio quality

htc one battery forum
htc one battery life forum
htc one boom sound
htc one boom sound test
htc one boom sound verizon
htc one real battery life