HTC One Stops by FCC on Way to Verizon; Likely Coming Late This Summer

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon-HTC-One-release.jpg

It's several months late, but the HTC One is finally heading directly to Verizon. A version with model number PN07310 just passed through its FCC testing with a Verizon style radios - LTE (band 13), GSM (850/1900) and CDMA (850/1900). This indicates the phone should be coming to Big Red very soon, and confirms the "late this summer" statements from Verizon. Many have speculated a September 5th launch because of a previously leaked pic, but most of the intel points to much sooner than that.

What do you guys think? Is it too little too late, or are there still quite a few Big Red customers who are excited to get this device?

Source: Engadget

Javaknight

Reaction score
I'm really starting to hate this phone - it's been taunting me for how long now? lol

themuttt

Reaction score
late is an understatement. Seems like a great phone but talk about horrible marketing by HTC and VZW?

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
A little too late to the party again HTC, plus with no removable battery or micro SD card expansion I and many others could care less about your metal body that will be dressed in a case. Also the S4 has a larger and user replaceable battery with a better camera, so why again HTC should I buy your phone, a metal body "who cares" and two front speakers "I use headphones", and again you placed a small non removable battery in your flagship device, so if the battery goes dead on me during a long day out, what do I do, plug in a charging device while in my pocket "lol", with a replaceable back I can just shut down the phone, open the back and swap a fresh battery and off I go. HTC lost me after the Rezound "my last HTC phone", when they went the Apple route of manufacturing phones, and HTC you are NOT Apple. The best phone they made and what got them going what the Incredible, and the EVO on Sprint, ever since then they have been going down the hill with their X and O lines of smartphones.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
late is an understatement. Seems like a great phone but talk about horrible marketing by HTC and VZW?
This is nothing new. Verizon customers always get the latest and greatest latest. ;)

combatmedic870

Reaction score
A little too late to the party again HTC, plus with no removable battery or micro SD card expansion I and many others could care less about your metal body that will be dressed in a case. Also the S4 has a larger and user replaceable battery with a better camera, so why again HTC should I buy your phone, a metal body "who cares" and two front speakers "I use headphones", and again you placed a small non removable battery in your flagship device, so if the battery goes dead on me during a long day out, what do I do, plug in a charging device while in my pocket "lol", with a replaceable back I can just shut down the phone, open the back and swap a fresh battery and off I go. HTC lost me after the Rezound "my last HTC phone", when they went the Apple route of manufacturing phones, and HTC you are NOT Apple. The best phone they made and what got them going what the Incredible, and the EVO on Sprint, ever since then they have been going down the hill with their X and O lines of smartphones.

I think your a little off on this. IF VZW was smart and got the 64gb and 32GB version I think it would do decently well(but we know from the DNA, they arent). Its not exactly an old device. it has the same specs as the S4 except the screen is 4.7 vs 5.0 on the S4.

Also the battery on the One really isnt that small. It has a 2300mah battery(larger then your stock 2100mah battery in the S3 that your using.).
I actually prefer the One over the S4. But I would prefer a S4 active over the one.

DGstorm, what ever happened to that butterfly 2 device that had a 5 inch hd screen and a 3200mah battery with the same speakers and camera from HTC one?

Last edited:

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think your a little off on this. IF VZW was smart and got the 64gb and 32GB version I think it would do decently well. Its not exactly an old device. it has the same specs as the S4 except the screen is 4.7 vs 5.0 on the S4.

Also the battery on the One really isnt that small. It has a 2300mah battery(larger then your stock 2100mah battery in the S3 that your using.).

DGstorm, what ever happened to that butterfly 2 device that had a 5 inch hd screen and a 3200mah battery with the same speakers and camera from HTC?
Mod remove this double post of mine, thanks.

Last edited:

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think your a little off on this. IF VZW was smart and got the 64gb and 32GB version I think it would do decently well. Its not exactly an old device. it has the same specs as the S4 except the screen is 4.7 vs 5.0 on the S4.

DGstorm, what ever happened to that butterfly 2 device that had a 5 inch hd screen and a 3200mah battery with the same speakers and camera from HTC?
Here is where you are a bit off, the S4 has a 2600mah REMOVABLE battery, bigger than the HTC ONE 2300mah non removable battery, also you do know that MaH batteries can go bad, in the S4 you can just swap it out, what do you do when that happens on the HTC One, they also lose their charging power, I like to have more options when purchasing similar device. Also the S4 is clocked at 1.9 Ghz while the One is at 1.7 ghz with the same processor, the S4 has a bigger screen, and expandeable storage "yes I do use a 64 gig Micro SD card to keep my high resolution music and high resolution movies on, and it is already filled to 55 gigs", how and where can I do this on the ONE, so already I mentioned four options that the ONE does NOT have, so again, why should I purchase the ONE, and last but not least, HTC is horrid with software updates, the flagship HTC One came to market with 4.1.2 while the S4 came to market with 4.2.2, and we all know that the ONE will not see 4.3 till middle of next year, if ever, the way HTC has been with their software updates.
I have owned HTC devices before they THOUGHT they where Apple and crapped on their customers.
One more thing, you are comparing the HTC one battery to the S3 battery, the S3 is an older device and still kicks ass, also the S3 I can change the battery whenever I please, you lost me when you mentioned S3.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Here is where you are a bit off, the S4 has a 2600mah REMOVABLE battery, bigger than the HTC ONE 2300mah non removable battery, also you do know that MaH batteries can go bad, in the S4 you can just swap it out, what do you do when that happens on the HTC One, they also lose their charging power, I like to have more options when purchasing similar device. Also the S4 is clocked at 1.9 Ghz while the One is at 1.7 ghz with the same processor, the S4 has a bigger screen, and expandeable storage "yes I do use a 64 gig Micro SD card to keep my high resolution music and high resolution movies on, and it is already filled to 55 gigs", how and where can I do this on the ONE, so already I mentioned four options that the ONE does NOT have, so again, why should I purchase the ONE, and last but not least, HTC is horrid with software updates, the flagship HTC One came to market with 4.1.2 while the S4 came to market with 4.2.2, and we all know that the ONE will not see 4.3 till middle of next year, if ever, the way HTC has been with their software updates.
I have owned HTC devices before they THOUGHT they where Apple and crapped on their customers.
One more thing, you are comparing the HTC one battery to the S3 battery, the S3 is an older device and still kicks ass, also the S3 I can change the battery whenever I please, you lost me when you mentioned S3.

The same thing I would do with my 32GB iphone 5. I have an extended warranty through VZW. I would lock it back up and trade it in for a new one/refurb.

I do understand your point of view. But the One IS a good device though. The more choices the better.
The clock speed really doesnt matter. That can easily be changed.

Also....Speaking of a OEM's acting like apple......isnt that what Samsung did with the S4? Its more of a S3s vs a real update.

I really cant think of anything that is truely horrible about the one though. I think its a solid device. The dev support is there for updates if needed.

Also....i know all about the S3. I have owned one. I wasnt downing the phone. I was stating that your small battery theory is mute. I could easily get through a full day with the S3 rom'ed out, over clocked, undervolted. No reason to think i couldnt with a One with 200 more MAH and a smaller screen.

For YOU, the One isnt a good phone for 2-3 reasons. The non removable battery and no SD card..... Everything else is a non issue. For me, I dont see an issue with it at all.

Now is when you say." Ok the One is probably a great device, but I hate/dislike it and I would buy the S4 over it."
Then I say, "Yes the S4 is also an awesome phone."
Then you say, "Yes I agree! REMOVEABLE BATTERY, SD SLOT!"
Then I say, "Indubitably."
Then you say, "Yes, indeed"
Then I say, "Indeed"

Yay! all done

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
My small battery theory is not mute, when you are talking about a phone where you can replace the battery, versus a phone where you can NOT. And all your other arguments make no sense, and you are starting to sound like a fanboy.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
My small battery theory is not mute, when you are talking about a phone where you can replace the battery, versus a phone where you can NOT. And all your other arguments make no sense, and you are starting to sound like a fanboy.

I have a dang Iphone 5. Im not a fanboy of ANYTHING. I just really despise Motorola.

"The clock speed really doesnt matter. That can easily be changed." that doesnt make sense?

"
Also....Speaking of a OEM's acting like apple......isnt that what Samsung did with the S4? Its more of a S3s vs a real update." That doesnt make sense?

Your sounding like One as well. :)

You need certain things that this phone doesnt give you. Thats fine, but its still a great phone. Thats the bottom line im getting at. And that is all.

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
How is this the latest and greatest. Another failure by HTC.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
The One is an excellent piece of hardware. It is the best Android handset on the market right now (in my opinion and a lot of others as well)

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Late summer. Aka, by Verizon, second Tuesday in December.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post