HTC One Rumored for VZW Again & HTC Droid DNA Available Free for a Limited Time

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HTC-One-Verizon-possible.jpg

Here's an HTC on Verizon double-header. Verizon just yesterday made the HTC Droid DNA free until May 21st. To take advantage of this deal you just need to enter your email address on the promotion page, here. Verizon will then send you a promotional code to that e-mail address. After you get the code go to Verizon's website, and use the code at checkout. You will need to sign up for a new two-year activation to take advantage of the free HTC Droid DNA.

This segues into our next story, as the rumor popped up again that the HTC One will be coming to Verizon. The conclusion that this is now happening comes from putting several details together. The first piece of the puzzle is the above mentioned price change for the HTC Droid DNA, as well as the date that the promotion ends, May 21st. The second piece of the puzzle is that Verizon has a "big announcement" event they are holding on May 22nd. The third piece which finally starts to create a cohesive vision is that a new HTC device with the model ID PNO73XX just received WiFi certification on it's way to Verizon. Supposedly, the internal model number which corresponds with this ID is M7_WLV. Additionally, the model number for the AT&T HTC One is PN07120, which is very similar to this one.

All these signs together seem to suggest the rumored HTC One is finally happening. Of course, we can't be absolutely sure about this because we could all be jumping to conclusions. It's entirely possible the speculation is way off base and these puzzle pieces were not designed to fit in the same box. We will watch this closely to find out.

Source: AndroidAuthority

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Nice. I'd gladly consider the One and the S4. I looked at a One and just LOVED the design and feel. I'm cool with the unremovable battery and can live without an SD card. My only big problem is sense 5.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Me personally could care less for a device with no micro SD card "I like to carry my lossless audio and high resolution movies on my SD card", also no removable battery is another fail. A high end device should give the consumer these two options, makes me wonder how Samsung always takes care of their customers needs "since they do listen", HTC is like that stubborn mule that just does not get it, I don't care about your metal phone, I am not buying a phone to use as a hammer, who cares how sleek it looks when it is hampered. HTC finally came out with a nice phone and think it will save them, I just want to see how many people will return the ONE do to those two issues, it is called buyers remorse, and I have seen already quite a few people that are doing just that, HTC needs to realize that there is stiff competition out there, and to have your only selling point "our phone is made of metal", REALLY, at the end of the day it's still a phone, and selling the consumer short is just bad business. Heck their DNA was the first 1080p phone on the nations largest carrier, and it tanked because of those two reasons, now they are giving it away, makes you wonder who runs their marketing department. This is not the way to catch up to the competition HTC.

jtcsifl

Reaction score
I've had a DNA for a month and a half & like the phone pretty well but, I'm exchanging it for an S4 next week. I like the things I've heard/seen about the One but the S4 is the best of what's out there right now. I'm hoping that there's a work around sooner than later to allow apps to be downloaded to my SD card. I've had Motorola devices since the OG so getting used to Sense wasn't the bad experience I heard & I doubt Touchwiz will be that much different. I'm sure the Note 3 will become the flagship when it comes out but for my taste a 5' screen is ideal.

bluefire7002

Reaction score
Me personally could care less for a device with no micro SD card "I like to carry my lossless audio and high resolution movies on my SD card", also no removable battery is another fail. A high end device should give the consumer these two options, makes me wonder how Samsung always takes care of their customers needs "since they do listen", HTC is like that stubborn mule that just does not get it, I don't care about your metal phone, I am not buying a phone to use as a hammer, who cares how sleek it looks when it is hampered. HTC finally came out with a nice phone and think it will save them, I just want to see how many people will return the ONE do to those two issues, it is called buyers remorse, and I have seen already quite a few people that are doing just that, HTC needs to realize that there is stiff competition out there, and to have your only selling point "our phone is made of metal", REALLY, at the end of the day it's still a phone, and selling the consumer short is just bad business. Heck their DNA was the first 1080p phone on the nations largest carrier, and it tanked because of those two reasons, now they are giving it away, makes you wonder who runs their marketing department. This is not the way to catch up to the competition HTC.

Totally agree with you to some extent... I think what has been frustrating people about verizon though is that we aren't getting the same options as other people. I would like to walk into verizon and have the option of the S4 or a stealth black HTC one (sexy phone btw). But we don't. I have really been considering switching over to t-mobile these last few weeks. I Live in southern California so I don't think I will notice a difference.
I would have been more irritated last year that we didn't get the Nexus 4, but one of the biggest things that pushed me away (same thing with the DNA) is the lack of storage. I can live with having no SD Slot as long as we have at least 32gb internal. I've had my Galaxy nexus for almost 2 years now and still have 8 gigs of free space on there.
Ultimately I'm going for something that is fast and will get me through the entire day, battery wise.

themuttt

Reaction score
so they are going to announce the VZW version of the One right when the VZW version of the S4 is being released? Looks like another bad move from HTC

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
so they are going to announce the VZW version of the One right when the VZW version of the S4 is being released? Looks like another bad move from HTC

That's not HTC, that's Verizon puppeteering this disaster.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6

Maybe or maybe not. If HTC lets people know that the One is coming out soon, they might wait on picking up the S4.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Please let it be true so I can get this and the GS4 to do some detailed side by side comparisons on my family plan.