HTC One Max Pictured and Full Specs Confirmed Again

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HTC-One-MAx-live.jpg

The above pic reveals the HTC One Max in all of its enormous glory! As you can see, the phablet is definitely a monster, and seems closer to being a tablet than a phone. Regardless, the market seems to have taken a liking to these things, so we are glad to share it. Along with the pic, we have a spec-list which seems to be a reconfirmation of previous intel,
  • 5.9” Full HD 1920×1080 display
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 1.7 GHz Quad-core CPU
  • 2 GB of RAM
  • Android 4.3, Sense 5.5
  • Ultra-pixel camera, 2mpx front camera
  • 3.300 mAh battery
  • 16-64GB of built-in storage, micro-SD slot
  • Dimensions: 164.5×82.5×10.29mm
  • Fingerprint Sensor
  • Weight: 217 gr
As you can see, not only is it huge, it's a heavy beast too, coming in at 217 grams! What do you guys think? Will some of the other advanced features outweigh the lack of a Snapdragon 800 in your eyes? After-all, it wasn't too long ago the Snapdragon 600 equipped HTC One was considered the best Android on the planet. Sound off if you are interested in this device.

Source: UnWiredView

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I'd jump on that if I could carry it, but my One is about as big and heavy as I can deal with. If I were a woman and carried a big purse then I would probably strongly consider it. My wife carries a small purse and thinks that my One would be too big for her. Her max size is the Moto X. I think that the specs are perfectly fine for the vast majority of people, especially since they added expansion. The One is as fast as I could imagine for what I use it for.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
With an SD800 cpu it's a home run for me. Instead it's a grounder for an out along with some boos from the crowd.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
So a 2.3 GHz quad core is a home run and a 1.7 GHz quad core is a grounder and boos. So what's a 1.7 GHz dual core? All 27 at bats are strike outs, no fans show at the next game and the team goes into bankruptcy. Amazing that a 1.7 GHz quad core in a phone is considered a complete failure. Bangs head.

acousticshade

Reaction score
Definitely worth a look for me, although the 600 vs the 800 is a little disappointing. Also not sure on the whole ultrapixel camera thing. I have need of large prints from time to time, so not sure how much detail is lost at 8x10. 11x17 is probably out of the question.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
So a 2.3 GHz quad core is a home run and a 1.7 GHz quad core is a grounder and boos. So what's a 1.7 GHz dual core? All 27 at bats are strike outs, no fans show at the next game and the team goes into bankruptcy. Amazing that a 1.7 GHz quad core in a phone is considered a complete failure. Bangs head.

I've played with a stock S4 and the Note 3. The Note 3 absolutely runs circles around the S4 so BOOOOO! :D

shockracer

Reaction score
You would think that MAX would stand for maxing out the device? What a shame I was hoping to buy a new phone with new technology not one with just a bigger screen. A huge boooo for me.....

Last edited: