HTC One M9 Shipments 43% Lower than the M8

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HTC-One-M9_camera.jpeg

After looking at HTC's shipment numbers for the One M9, it now becomes obvious just how desperate things are for the company. According to the latest statistics from third party analysts, shipments to retailers for the HTC One M9 were 43.75 percent lower than the shipments for the One M8 last year at this time.

The main things hurting the HTC One M9 include the (now confirmed) overheating issues with its Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor and the fact that the device didn't offer much that was different than the previous model.

The One M9 barely had any differences in internal specs, performance or aesthetic design, so fans of HTC products couldn't justify the upgrade. On top of these issues, in most of the reviews across the web, the camera in the HTC One M9 was inferior to much of the competition. It even got lower marks than the camera in its predecessor, the One M8.

When you merge all of these issues together, you have a recipe for disaster. The latest rumors suggest HTC will be bringing their "A" game in October with a brand new "hero" device. Fans of the company can only hope that's enough to revive their failing marketshare.

Source: DigiTimes

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
HTC-One-M9_camera.jpeg

After looking at HTC's shipment numbers for the One M9, it now becomes obvious just how desperate things are for the company. According to the latest statistics from third party analysts, shipments to retailers for the HTC One M9 were 43.75 percent lower than the shipments for the One M8 last year at this time.

The main things hurting the HTC One M9 include the (now confirmed) overheating issues with its Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor and the fact that the device didn't offer much that was different than the previous model.

The One M9 barely had any differences in internal specs, performance or aesthetic design, so fans of HTC products couldn't justify the upgrade. On top of these issues, in most of the reviews across the web, the camera in the HTC One M9 was inferior to much of the competition. It even got lower marks than the camera in its predecessor, the One M8.

When you merge all of these issues together, you have a recipe for disaster. The latest rumors suggest HTC will be bringing their "A" game in October with a brand new "hero" device. Fans of the company can only hope that's enough to revive their failing marketshare.

Source: DigiTimes
Exactly.

We have said it on here numerous times but when I go into a carrier store I do not see anything about the m9 that stand out from its predecessor. Only Apple can get away with putting out 2 identical devices iPhone X and iPhone Xs mainly because of the phone's resell value.
HTC seems lost because it is obvious that would not sell. But hey it's like in school where if all you do is change the date on a previously written paper do not be surprised when you get a F. And 43% is basically the community saying to HTC they have failed.

HTC you need help but me up I'll get you relevant again.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
LMAO, the M8 didnt do exactly outstanding numbers yet they thought a recycled M9 would lol. It's funny how much $$$$$$$$$$$$ some ppl (mostly the wrong ppl) get paid to be incompetent, or it that a sad fact... Im confused...

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
And what about the One + 2.. What were they thinking when they decided to use the Snapdragon 810?

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
And for enthusiasts who actually follow phone tech, no one wants a phone they have to throttle with an OTA out the gate.

on the move..

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I think you all are missing the obvious here..

1. Both HTC and the carriers pushed HTC adavantage due to the fact HTC is notorius for not updating their phones in a timely manner.

2. They made a big push in PR stating the fact that with HTC Advantage they would update phones within 90 days of a release of an OS.

3. Lollipop comes out and HTC makes a big brew haha stating that it will be out in 90 days.

4. 90 days comes and goes with no updates.

5. HTC Immediately backpedals and says they never promised 90 day updates.

6. After a backlash and a convienent release of the M9 with Lollipop HTC no longer offers HTC Advantage but now calls it UhOh! protection with no longer stating anything about updates.

7 Shortly after Lollipop is released HTC stops support for the TV app in sense which is used by a lot of people for IR remotes in their home, not only did they stop support but killed the app from the server end so you cant even start it then forced you to install peel which totally sucks.

I for one will not buy another HTC product due to the way I was lied to by this company.

I imagine there is a lot of the people thinking the same thing and will also not buy into a product with inconsistent support of even the stock apps that are loaded on the device.