HTC One M9: New Leak Details Full Specs

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HTC-One-M9-render-12.jpg
The above image is an artist's concept render found randomly on the web.

Although we have been getting spec-list rumors of the HTC One M9 for weeks/months now, this latest one purports to be the most comprehensive and reliable yet. While we cannot confirm the latter, the list definitely hits all the notes for the device.

Here's the breakdown:
  • 0PJA series
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 MSM8994 2.0GHz*4 + 1.5GHz*4
  • 5″ FHD Display
  • 3GB DDR4 RAM
  • 32GB or 64GB ROM
  • Support VoLTE, Carrier Aggregation and LTE Category 6 up to 300Mbps for Download, 50Mbps for Upload
  • Android 5.0.2 with Sense 7.0(TBD for Android version)
  • 20.7MP Main Camera with Dual LED Flash
  • 4MP UltraPixel Front Camera
  • BoomSound
  • Bluetooth 4.1
  • micro SD Card slot
  • 2840mAh Battery
Not only did this leak share details of its tech specs and hardware, it also shared a few of the launch details and some accessories. This is what the source claims:

Hima#UHL – Asia, Europe, Africa, UAE, Russia, Turkey, China(Mainland)
Some models of Hima#UHL doesn’t support Carrier Aggregation.
Hima#UL – USA(include AT&T, T-Mobile US, and Developer model), Canada(include ROGERS, TELUS), Latin America
Hima#WHL – Sprint and its MVNO, China Telecom
Hima#WL – Verizon and its MVNO

Accessories:
  • HTC DotView 2(with more abundant colors than M8’s) – HC M231/232
  • Clear Case – HC C1153
  • Stand Case – HC K1150
  • Waterproof Case(has IP68 rating) – HC C1152
  • Waterproof Headset – RC E250
  • Headset 2015 – MAX 500
  • HTC BoomBass with WiFi support(Old phones are also can use if the phone updated to Sense 7.)
  • Screen Protector – SP R230A
What do you guys think? Will HTC have another sure-fire hit on their hands?

Source: Upleaks

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I don't know about the rest of you but rounded backs on phones are nice for the hand, but (can), make the phone unstable on the desk. It seems that Motorola has recognized that in most, if not all of the phones they've produced (exception may be the Nexus 6).

My Turbo for instance is "rounded" on the side and bottom edges, and although chamfored also rounded at the top edge and therefor very comfortable to hold. However it has a definite "flat profile" on the back through the middle. This flat area stretches maybe starting 1/4" from the bottom and to within 1/2" of either side, but gently rolls to a full rounded profile at the top of the phone. This results in a "pseudo-triangular three point" contact or wide to narrow triagular flat spot.

This makes it rest nicely and not "rock" when sat on a desk or other flat surface. This also makes it more stable and less likely to slide across the table, car dashboard or off the console while driving by increasing the contact surface area (square inches of actual surface contact). Other Motorola phones I've had (Droid Maxx, Razr Maxx, RAZR HD, Razr, etc.), and also those I've played with that I never actually owned also either were flat on the back or at least had a flat section of the back.

droid-turbo-review-13.jpg
droid-turbo-review-110.jpg
images

droid-razr-maxx-review-10.jpg
Motorola-Razr-Maxx-back_Small.JPG

motorola-droid-razr-hd-review-razr-maxx-review-12.jpg

Droid-RAZR-MAXX.jpg

Other phones have gone totally flat (think iPhone 5, Sony Z3v, etc.). Personally I dislike the totally flat profile backs of those and other phones, not to mention the rather sharp or pronounced edges that meet with my palm and fingers. The squared off bezels may look good but I will opt for comfort and stability/durability over looks any day.

I look at the One M9 above and although I do see what appears to be perhaps an area of "generally less curved" back, right in the middle as represented by the reflection, it is quite possible that the reflection is not a true representation of the curve of that area. Same holds true for recent other phones.

Does anyone know for sure if this "rounded" back has any flat area for stability? How about your phone, does it rest flat and stable on the desk or does it easily rock, spin, etc.?

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I see you point FK. The curved back looks good, probably fits well in the hand and a case should keep the phone "grounded".

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yes Jeffrey, a case would make a difference but then if it's in a case who cared what it looks like or how it's shaped? That's just it. I want a phone that both looks and feels good in the hand and also sits well.... "grounded" as you put it.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
If I were to buy this phone, I would go with the clear case.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've enjoyed owning the M7 so much (unrooted, no less!) that when it went on sale recently at Best Buy ($150, unlocked and off-contract) I seriously thought about buying another. Alas, I'm coming up on two years (actually I'm like 7 months away from our second anniversary, but you know, gotta start looking for the next phone early!), so yeah starting to think about what will take its place. I'd say the M9 looks very, very tempting.

@FoxKat, after such a thoughtful and carefully reasoned post, I hate to point this out but the caption reads:
The above image is an artist's concept render found randomly on the web.

Now of course, you are much better situated than me to know how "random" that random image is!

-Matt

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
@FoxKat, after such a thoughtful and carefully reasoned post, I hate to point this out but the caption reads:

Now of course, you are much better situated than me to know how "random" that random image is!

-Matt

And Matt, you KNOW I respect and appreciate you both as a member and as a friend so you raise a very good point and something I hadn't really given much thought to. I will play the wait and see game and who knows...it may be something completely different! :)

shockracer

Reaction score
Lists a waterproof case, sooo, does that mean the phone isn't?! That would be a little letdown if it doesn't have some type IP rating When naked.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Lists a waterproof case, sooo, does that mean the phone isn't?! That would be a little letdown if it doesn't have some type IP rating When naked.
My guess.. It is not WP.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Finally someone goes "smaller" with a flagship phone (although, the overall physical dimensions are pretty similar to the Droid Turbo) A 64 gig option PLUS sd slot. Otherwise, Looks like HTC got a lot right with this phone. And I assume it's 64-bit since it has DDR4 memory. Battery might be a bit disappointing, but should be just enough to last a day (sweet spot, IMO, is @ 30 hours so it doesn't go dead overnight if you forget to plug in).

Agree about the curved backs of phones being more ergonomic, and curved/rounded edges (Droid Turbo bottom edge is too sharp).

I don't care for Sammie's "dual-edge" design, but if you eliminate the bezels we can have large displays that are easy to use with one hand (a 5.1" 16x9 display with little-to-no bezel could actually be phsyically smaller than the original Moto X)

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
If only it had larger battery and was waterproof...sony xperia z3v is still superior.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Keep in mind, it's using the SD810 which uses much less power. Waterproof could be a deal breaker for some..

hkwise01

Reaction score
The m8 wasn't water proof. I thought that the gs6 is going to drop the water proof feature.