HTC One M9 Flagship Press Event Set for March 1st, Just Before MWC 2015 in Barcelona

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-mwc-2015-press-event.jpg

Here's some official news to get excited about this morning folks! HTC just outed their official press event for the next HTC flagship. Although they didn't specify anything, more than likely we will see the HTC Hima, aka the HTC One M9 launched. The date and place to set on your calendar is March 1st in Barcelona, Spain (just before Mobile World Congress 2015).

This is HTC's usual modus operandi for flagship smartphone launches. The press event's marketing "tag0line" is "utopia in progress," whatever that means. Previous rumors have already pegged many of the specs of HTC's latest superphone.

Here's a recap:
  • 2560 x1440 QHD display
  • 3GB of RAM
  • Octa-core Snapdragon 810 CPU with Adreno 430 GPU
  • 20.7MP rear-facing camera
  • 13MP front-facing camera
  • 2840mAh battery
  • Android 5.0 with Sense 7.0
Of course, we still don't know what size the display will be. Rumors have ranged from 5-inch, to 5-2-inch, to 5.5-inch. At least now we know when we will know. ;)

Don't forget to check out our HTC One M9 section for more discussions: HTC One M9 Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Last edited:
OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's a larger version of the HTC Press image:

htc-utopia-in-progress-mwc-2015-press-event.jpg

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I just haven't had the urge to get an HTC device since the G1. Idk why. They seem to have improved greatly in recent years, but I think it's because of the Droid eris. That was a bad start for them on vzw, though I get why they did it.

They just don't wow me, but I've been trying very hard to convince myself to look at other manufacturers when I'm ready to upgrade again. I've been with Sammy too long and want to see what the other guys are doing first hand.

Specs aren't bad on this at all, so maybe I'll watch the recap when this is over.