HTC One for Verizon Rumors Materialize; Officially Coming Later This Summer

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
vzw-htc-one-tweet.png

For quite some time there have been rumors that the HTC One would be coming to Verizon. Of course, on more than one occasion HTC themselves denied this, which is why we didn't post all the rumors. We suspected it would eventually come true, but simply wanted to wait until we heard something concrete, and now that has happened.

Verizon themselves Tweeted this morning that the HTC One would be coming to their network later this summer. They didn't share any specifics, but more than likely it will cost $199.99 on a new Big Red contract. Obviously, "later this summer" could mean anything, especially depending upon where you live, but we expect it to hit Verizon store shelves by the end of July. We will keep you posted when Verizon releases more details.

It certainly was a strange "bipolar" marketing strategy. Keep denying it was coming until you announce it? Not really a great way to build brand loyalty. We suspect Verizon was playing hardball with HTC's marketing department, but that is pure speculation. What do you guys think? Wouldn't it have been better for VZW to have joined the HTC One bandwagon sooner?

Source: Twitter - VZW

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Best android handset on the market....in my opinion of course :) I was never a HTC fan but this handset has made me do a complete 180 with them. Awesome handset

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
My upgrade is next month, I hope it makes it in time. More choices the better.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Best android handset on the market....in my opinion of course :) I was never a HTC fan but this handset has made me do a complete 180 with them. Awesome handset
Other than the battery life I really enjoyed by Dinc. I would love to give HTC another shot, but their internal troubles worry me. The phone is great, but the company itself needs to do a 180

I wonder if they'll change up the color scheme too. A black and red one would look pretty good.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
NOW what do I do...

Does this mean that it's coming with the vanilla android option that HTC announced last week?

Hmmm...

Last edited:

Incredibilly

Reaction score
Hopefully, it won't have the subtle hardware differences, like those with the T-bolt and EVO.
Then again, I'm still not sold on the lack of a SD slot...in conjunction with limited data.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
NOW what do I do...

Does this mean that it's coming with the vanilla android option that HTC announced last week?

Hmmm...
Keep on dreaming, no it is not, the Pure Google HTC One will ONLY be a GSM phone, sold through the Google Play Store.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hopefully, it won't have the subtle hardware differences, like those with the T-bolt and EVO.
Then again, I'm still not sold on the lack of a SD slot...in conjunction with limited data.
No SD card will again be a killer for this phone, same without removable battery, even though mophie juice pack® HTC One Extended Battery Case does make a nice battery case. Will still not buy it.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Keep on dreaming, no it is not, the Pure Google HTC One will ONLY be a GSM phone, sold through the Google Play Store.

I'll wait to hear it from them. HTC reported that they may allow users to install vanilla Android if they can work some things out. Read the article by The Verge.

The Verge said:
...HTC also provided another interesting tidbit: it's currently "examining the best way to support early adopters of the One" that may prefer the stock Android experience over Sense, perhaps by way of an AOSP ROM.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll wait to hear it from them. HTC reported that they may allow users to install vanilla Android if they can work some things out. Read the article by The Verge.

If you are on Verizon that will not happen.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
If you are on Verizon that will not happen.

If Samsung was able to talk VZW into the Developers Edition S4 there may still be a chance of this. We'll see. Besides HTC allows you to unlock their bootloaders anyway, right?

bluefire7002

Reaction score
About damn time... I was so close to leaving to t-mobile next month.

Hope verizon offers multiple colors.

comk4ver

Reaction score
Here's hoping for a 32 gb otherwise I'm not sold besides the dna still has about the same specs as this phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm interested... however this almost feels like to little to late... I'm hoping the note3 isn't so enormous that it won't fit in my pocket.