HTC Officially Unveils the Butterfly S; 5" 1080p Display, 3200mAh Battery & More

Caesars

Reaction score
Wait until Htc announces "AT&T" exclusive, jkjk... I had 2.

Galaxy S4 + iPhone 5

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Isnt the DNA a Butterfly device? I would assume this is a beefed up DNA. Prolly see this device come out in August in Asia and then it hit Verizon 3-4 months later....making it late to the game again.

Yea, if released tomorrow it would be good competition for the S4, but in 3-4 months, there will be better out with the 800 series snapdragon and 4gb of high speed ram. Not to mention the note 3.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
If we play the "in three months" game none of us will ever buy another devices. Most available apps don't even take advantage of current hardware, so what's the point in holding out forever?

combatmedic870

Reaction score
If we play the "in three months" game none of us will ever buy another devices. Most available apps don't even take advantage of current hardware, so what's the point in holding out forever?

I actually agree. This device really does look absolutely wonderful. Has a HUGE battery(for a 5 inch phone) front facing speakers and a beast of a screen. I could easily see note 2 like battery life out of it. BUT it all depends on the following it gets....No roms/kernels/unlocked bootloader/S-Off....no deal. Some phones you KNOW will have a huge following. Some get over shadowed. This phone is an One with a huge battery and slightly bigger screen. I would personally take the One over it. :) Cause its sexy

It does look like the next Droid DNA 2 though. And it is a bit late to the game.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I actually agree. This device really does look absolutely wonderful. Has a HUGE battery(for a 5 inch phone) front facing speakers and a beast of a screen. I could easily see note 2 like battery life out of it. BUT it all depends on the following it gets....No roms/kernels/unlocked bootloader/S-Off....no deal. Some phones you KNOW will have a huge following. Some get over shadowed. This phone is an One with a huge battery and slightly bigger screen. I would personally take the One over it. :) Cause its sexy

It does look like the next Droid DNA 2 though. And it is a bit late to the game.

Without question. The two most important things after hardware are probability of updates and development, and a lack on either front is a no go.