HTC Officially Launches their New Flagship the HTC One

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
This has to do with data plans being incredibly lucrative, and finding more ways to encourage, or even force people to use more data, is cash in the bank. Limiting the storage ability at the hardware level, pretty much forces more bandwidth consumption if you have to use their network to access your data/files/content when you are on the go.

You may be on to something there. But there's also no doubt knowing what music you listen to and videos you watch is very lucrative to Google. I still say it has more to do with Google - the majority of people are on wifi most of the time which is why their data usage is so low.

I don't believe overages and higher tier plans are the money boon that people think - power users on this board don't reflect the normal consumer. Most users aren't going over or paying extra - they'll hit their caps, shut things down, get irritated and start shopping around.

Dewed

Reaction score
I think HTC makes better phones now than they get credit for. As for the battery, they claim the software or whatever makes it last longer. I have to believe em. I have a HTC Evo 4g Lte. I don't use it as a phone. But I play games on it all day long on a charge. The battery lasts way longer than my Thunderbolt used to.

Dewed

Reaction score
But one thing HTC could be better at is naming the devices lol. It'll be hard to search for 'HTC One' without all the others coming up (One S, One X, One V ...). Just like the HTC Evo 4g Lte ... I hate that long name. But you can't refer to it as Evo or Evo 4g ... cause those are other devices. Why not just another name all together? instead of all these variations of the same?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Totally agree. I am an enthusiast and even I get confused about which is the new ONE.....