HTC Officially Launches their New Flagship the HTC One

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Feb 19, 2013.

1. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

Another person for whom they will have to pry away my SD card. I travel quite a bit, so I want my content available locally on the phone (without having to pick and choose and make trade-offs). It would also be interesting to compare how much juice your phone uses to play music or video from the SD vs. streaming from the cloud.

As for the battery, you can never have too much. Yes, I'm not a particularly heavy user and can easily get a day - but my preference would certainly be brighter displays and screen on more (I hate hitting a button to turn the screen on). Or you could have the screen pop-on for a notification, or on movement (such as picking it up), but services to monitor that would sip juice, as well.

It's mostly a cost issue in terms of selling a phone for a certain price at a certain margin. I think the list of consumers frustrated with limited choices is growing. Can't wait for the day when I can order my phone like a computer and choose all my hardware.
  2. kodiak799

The multi-user excuse is weak. While it makes sense (somewhat) for tablets, phones are very personal and nearly everyone has one. I don't see it as needing multi-user support. At best we are talking multi-identity where one might want a completely separate config for work and personal (talking a firewall between apps and content). That would actually be an argument for MORE SDcard space than less, IMO.

Now I don't use my phone this way, but if we had more space it would be a great back-up source for your critical PC files. Sure, plenty of online solutions available but that's not always ideal.
  3. xeene

xeene Well-Known Member

less then 3k battery = NOT INTERESTED! did you hear that htc, or you guys waiting to be bought out or bankrupt?
  4. summit21

summit21 New Member

That's funny, Motorola makes a battery that size, but has a screen that is simply trounced by HTC screens. Sorry I just can't stand to look at those hideous resolutions Motorola pukes out! I would take a battery that gets me through an average day with spectacular 1080p screen over a battery that lasts 2 days with a putrid screen, like Motorola's.
  5. xeene

xeene Well-Known Member

all 3(samsung, htc, motorola) will be making 1080p screens this year. all 3 will look good. last thing i'm worried about the screen. only thing htc has over motorola is the camera.
  6. droidxd00d

droidxd00d New Member

Wait for the X phone then. A 5 in 1080p display with a 3500 mah battery.
  7. kodiak799

Seriously, the hardware is all pretty good at this point. The only differentiation seems to be battery, SD cards and camera.

I could live without an SD card if you gave me like 128gigs of storage. But why would I want to pay for that? No, when I get a new phone I will transfer my 64gig SD to it.
  8. MacLeod

MacLeod New Member

I get what you're saying but I don't think it'll happen. 2300 mha vs 3100 mha and the only thing different really is the screen. The CPU is clocked higher in the One and even tho its only 20p MHz it'll eat more battery. I'm an avid PC builder and overclocker and when you start cranking on these CPU's, their power usage jumps really fast.

The screen might be bigger on the Note but the One has more resolution and will take more horsepower to run.

Add to that the fact I get a full day with heavy 4G use and screen time and still have 40-50% battery left when I put it on the charger for the night after 16 hours. I would be shocked if the One could match that let alone beat it with a battery almost 1/3 smaller.

The battery life isn't the biggest concern I have. Like I said, 18 months into your contract your battery won't hold anywhere near as much of a charge as it did new but since it's non removable, you're screwed for the next couple months whereas with my Note, I can take the old battery out and drop in a shiny new one. ;)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.
  9. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Thats funny....cuz my RAZR screen was better than my Rezounds....overall. Notice I said ...my...Rezound....which means I had or still have it. I do still have it. I dont mean a store fly by comparison, I mean an in depth, apples to apples comparison. Too many cons for the Rezound screen vs my RAZR.....hideous screen res, putrid screen n all. After the cons....when it came to preferences....I liked the RAZR screen more. The screens on the Bionic and RAZR's were waaaay overblown IMO. I still see a Bionic from time to time to this day...and I still dont see what all the complaining was about. I also had a G Nex, have a Maxx HD now.

That said....LCD and Amoled screens have gotten better since then...so the screens are almost a wash now.

The battery complaints... these chips do get more efficient with newer versions. Anyone with a DNA should be able to say if its an issue or not. I believe for the most part it isnt. We wont know until battery life tests come out, user posts come out. The One has a bigger battery than the DNA.. But...the One has a chip thats clocked a lil faster too.. Its clocked a lil faster...but should be more efficient since its newer. So we will just have to wait n see about battery life.
  10. WestOkid

WestOkid Active Member

I get all the talk about the battery. I also wish they would have sacrificed a bit of thinness and weight for a bigger battery; maybe 2600mah like the RAZR HD. That said, I hate to harp on that supposed flaw because HTC has done so many things right with this phone. The combination of size, build materials, screen, speakers, camera, and specs make this the best smartphone ever created. Even the 2300mah battery is no slouch; it trumps every non-phablet except the Moto HDs. Believe me, this former TBolt owner is no HTC fan, but if I were not under contract, I am trashing my S3 and picking this up. HTC just needs to step up their marketing game to make this a winner.
  11. MacLeod

MacLeod New Member

I can agree with that. It still is a outstanding phone but the non removable battery and no SD support are simply deal breakers for me. Aside from that I agree that this is a damn nice phone with the best screen on the market.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.
  12. cybertec69

cybertec69 Well-Known Member

For another month, when the S4 is announced.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums
  13. WestOkid

WestOkid Active Member

I looked at my S3 and thought. If we are honest with ourselves, we all know the S4 will not hold a candle to this phone's build quality. As usual, Samsung will use the cheapest available cell phone material of any flagship device. We are about 75% sure it will have a pentile display. Then it will have gimmicks in touchwiz that none of us use. Aka S-voice and everything else. HTC's biggest miss with this phone is not being Samsung or Apple. Sent from my GalaxyS3.
  14. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Well-Known Member

I'll never understand the build quality arguments when most people use cases on their super durable phones.. build quality is fixable with a $5 case... you can't fix missing SD slots.. smaller non removable batteries and the phone not even being on your network... samsung is addressing screen build quality with their new screens and actual s4 specs remain to be seen but there's no doubt it will be phenomenal
  15. summit21

summit21 New Member

My point was not to compare the Rezound vs Razr Maxx HD, which by the way both have 720p displays, but the Rezound has a better resolution at 340 PPI vs. 312 for the Maxx HD. The HTC One will have an eye popping 468PPI, 1080P display, hands down the best display available when it is released, the DNA being next at 440PPI, the Razr Maxx HD is nowhere close to these two.
  16. summit21

summit21 New Member

17. summit21

summit21 New Member

Found 2 sites that say the S4 will have a 5inch display at 440PPI, NOT better than the HTC One 468PPI, although probably indescernible to the naked eye. Obviously this is still speculative though. I will say that the S3 colors were cartoonish, while HTC DNA seems more "real"
  18. cybertec69

I second that, plus Samsung went away from penile, Note 2 was the start.

19. cybertec69

Sorry but LCD is old news.

20. SquireSCA

SquireSCA Well-Known Member

I wonder if the carriers have anything to do with this trend of not having SD cards. The carriers want you to use cloud storage now that they got rid of unlimited data. Us streaming all of our content, with tiered plans, puts millions in their pockets.
Search tags for this page

65gig htc

htc one steel black 64 gig in singapore

one v

where in singapore do they sell htc one black 65 gig