HTC O2 Rumored to be Next Big Flagship; Might Have Snapdragon 820 SoC with Four ARM Hydra Cores

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HTCrumor-flagship.jpg

HTC may be hemorrhaging money and employees, but you can't count them out of the fight yet. They have staged small come-backs more times than I would care to investigate, and they are still one of the most well known smartphone OEMs on the planet. Of course, you can assume they are working on a new flagship to see if they can save their sinking ship from the depths once again.

Today we have a new rumor regarding that next HTC smartphone. Supposedly they are changing up the name for the device. Intel suggests the new phone will be called the HTC O2. There is also information indicating HTC plans to outfit it with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 including the 4 ARM Hydra cores and 4GB of RAM. Additionally, HTC will stick with an all-metal design to give it a more premium feel, as well as include a 3,500 mAh battery.

These same rumors move the launch date of the device from later this year to Q1 2016. If all of this is something more than a fan-boy's ramblings, it sounds like HTC might be digging deep and going back to the drawing board for this one. Let's cross our fingers they can pull off another Rocky-style return!

Source: GSMDome

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
Looking like the phone that will replace my M8!
I replaced my M8 with a Nexus 6 and if rumors hold true this will replace my Nexus 6. I can't help but feel that being HTC they are going to leave something out or include something that in the end will leave scratching your head and asking "why?"

Caesars

Reaction score
I'm not sure why most consumers choose the s6, I personally had both. I only abandoned the m9 because of the horrible screen (IMHO) the screen was VERY lacking and shouldn't have been released on a 2015 Android. Besides that... My m9 was pretty flipping awesome.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Edit: can't wait to see the new phone!

trumastanr1

Reaction score
I changed to Sony from my htc m7 and i can say Sony has to do something about their stock program. Htc have the best program. Everything is simple in the menu. What ever you want to do is simple and fast. I miss my m7 I had really good experience with HTC.

Skickat från min E6553 via Tapatalk