HTC Nexus Sailfish Spotted In The Wild With Metallic Finish! Photos Leaked!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ap_resize.php

Photos of the upcoming Nexus Sailfish believed to be manufactured by HTC have just leaked to the web! The Sailfish is what we expect to be the smaller 5" version of two Nexus devices coming later this year. The images above mostly line up with renders of the device we have seen before. We have here a fully metal and glass design with no plastic in sight. That is pretty good news since this would be the lower end of the two devices. You can also see from the images the fingerprint scanner gets rear placement which is my personal preferred placement so I am pretty excited about that!

This device doesn't look half bad at all. It has that iPhone-esque design we have seen in other devices like the HTC One A9. The back appears to be rounded to the sides rather than the chamfered edges we have on the HTC 10. The Power and volume rocker buttons are on the right side of the device. There is no "G" logo present, but it is believed that we will see a "G" logo on these devices rather than the "Nexus" logo we have seen in the past. The leaks are coming in pretty fast these days.

While the images above are pretty grainy we still get a good idea of the overall design language. What do you guys think? I kind of like it. Not sure about the two toned metal and glass back, but if it allows for wireless charging I think I can get used to it.

via AndroidPolice

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Well... That's the "Jake from state farm" of new phone if you ask me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

kinfolk248

Reaction score
That's a lot of 'EMPTY' chin space down there... Maybe it'll have a home button like the iPhone lol

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah, all that empty space and no front facing speaker is a step backwards. Especially not two years in a row Samsung put out phones with smaller bezels which lowered the footprint.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk