HTC Nexus 2016

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Unlock-HTC-Nexus-One.jpg

For now let's place this under the rumor category until we get more news. But we could see a Nexus made by HTC for Google in 2016. This would be huge because if you recall HTC was the launch customer for the original Google phone. You could say HTC put Android on the map and now with HTC struggling maybe a boost from Google could help get them out of the trenches.

Would you like to see a HTC Nexus?

What would you like to see HTC and Google do different this year vs the previous years Nexus devices?

Source: HTC might be making two Nexus devices for Google in 2016

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
If it's going to be anything like the stuff they have been releasing (aka iPhone clone) then no. If it's something that goes back to the roots of M7 & M8 then yes.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've said it before here and I'm sure I'll say it again. I've got a soft spot in my heart for htc because they made the original android phone for consumers. They haven't done anything to really wow me in quite a while, but I think I'll always pull for them.

This could be good for them, but I hope they do it right and let Google take the lead on design, functionality, and marketing.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If they do it right, like the M7/M8, put out a decent camera, make sure the battery is enough to handle, it could be a winner. I've always liked HTC designs, they've just been incomplete IMO.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm kinda partial to the Motorola Nexus design. I wonder if Moto/Lenovo will get another shot at a Nexus in the future.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I really hope they go the way of the M8 it was a great device to build on especially for future Nexus ..you could just improve on camera and some nice additions it's a slam dunk ...I don't like the direction they have shown recently ...

6s Plus

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I'd love to see HTC knock it out of the park with a Nexus device... However I won't buy one unless Samsung really really messes up the note 6.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Htc lost me at thunderbolt. Never again.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I would to see HTC Nexus to be a good battery and a great camera. And i expect it will be marshamallow.
It will be whatever Android N turns out to be. Nexus devices launch along with new versions of Android.

Sent from a backup S3 :(

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Htc lost me at thunderbolt. Never again.

That device is not indicative of their devices by any means. Terrible example of their work.

But I can see why you'd feel that way after that thing.

Sent from a backup S3 :(
Yeah their follow up device, the Rezound, showed that they could recover. In fact, despite it being overshadowed by the Galaxy Nexus that year, it was arguably the best android device of that year. Many wanted so bad for a Verizon nexus to succeed that we were willing to glance over the flaws and crown it despite the many flaws, particularly the radios. The Rezound had all good from a galaxy nexus plus a better radio, speakers, and display. The only thing the Galaxy nexus had was faster updates..... which the Rezound was able to get through Clean Roms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk