HTC modding VS Motorola modding

Discussion in 'Android Smart Phones' started by Malvado, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod Premium Member

Ok, quick question. How much different is it to root and install a rom on an HTC device than it is on a Motorola device. The reason I ask is because my girlfriend finally approved of me modding her HTC Evo 3D. However, I have never messed around with an HTC device. I believe her bootloader is still locked. Please anyone help me out. I would really appreciate it.
  2. vacfuzzy

vacfuzzy New Member

I'm not too experienced at rooting,but it shouldn't be too different from one phone to another. You might want to check out other sites for answers,such as Android Central or XDA developers, as this one specializes in verizon phones for the most part.
  3. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

It's going to take you a while to read through and figure all of that out. Are ya sure you want to spend a day doing that?!
  4. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Well-Known Member

Rooting an HTC device is definitely different. I learned when I rooted my gf's inc2. See if you can use Unrevoked (VERY easy) otherwise, you'll likely have to use ADB to achieve S off and permanent root.

Sent from my CushZero using DroidForums
  5. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod Premium Member

Yea I tried the REVOLUTIONARY method but unfortunately it doesnt work. Her HBOOT version is 1.5 and REVOLUTIONARY only works for 1.3 and 1.4.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!