HTC May Need to Reduce its Component Orders by 30% Due to Slumped One M9 Sales

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-one-m9-global-sketchfab-gunmetal.png

Several times throughout the years, we have written numerous articles describing HTC's situation as "grim," yet every time before, the company has found its footing and had a resurgence which seemed to put them back in the fight. The latest news puts HTC back in a dark place again.

This time, it turns out that sales of the HTC One M9 have hit a slump which is so heavy, the company will likely have to reduce its component orders by as much as 30%. From a business perspective, this is terrible news because it starts a downward spiral that will be tough for the company to pull out of.

Once your sales have dropped enough that you have to renegotiate your supply chain parts orders, that can hurt your relationship with your vendors. Once they lose confidence in you, they will be more apt to take their business to your competitors, which also hurts your future product line. It could potentially lead to a "death spiral" for HTC.

When you couple that with even more competition in the lucrative Chinese markets, it will require something really big from HTC to get them back into a competitive position.

Source: DigiTimes

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's a shame, HTC makes some great hardware, but they're just one or two improvements shy of a real winner. They were so close this year.

on the move..

Powarun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
And that is why you can't stop innovating, don't hype a revolution and not deliver. I wanted the like the m9, I thought I'd like the m9 and well there was just no compelling reason to upgrade from the m8, and I moved to the Nexus 6, since I know that would get updated in a timely fashion.

boidsonly

Reaction score
I suspect I am not the only customer that remembers the T-Bolt debacle; as a result HTC lost me forever. There are too many phones to choose from and it behooves the manufacturers to take care of their customers-some of us have long memories and/or hold grudges...:)