Htc m7 won't unlock

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The Safe Mode option will not appear until you actually press and hold down the Power Off option in that menu. On the M series phones it's most likely carrier specific.

I'm going to try it on my One X+.
Nice to know!

b09e2bfcedbeca727d50d1472d26dafd.jpg

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Wouldn't you suggest trying an FDR first?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Wouldn't you suggest trying an FDR first?

The OP said they tried an FDR. I find it strange that the FDR didn't clear the com.android.settings error. I'm not too familiar with the HTC phones as I only have one and have never had to mess with it. It sits in a drawer on standby for when one of the youngins are waiting for a replacement phone to arrive.

If the OP had a little time between reboots in recovery mode they may be able to initiate another FDR which may clear it up.

OP
J

Jordan Schmidt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M7
Thanks for all the help, both of you. I'll try installing android and I'll let you know how it goes.

OP
J

Jordan Schmidt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M7
The OP said they tried an FDR. I find it strange that the FDR didn't clear the com.android.settings error. I'm not too familiar with the HTC phones as I only have one and have never had to mess with it. It sits in a drawer on standby for when one of the youngins are waiting for a replacement phone to arrive.

If the OP had a little time between reboots in recovery mode they may be able to initiate another FDR which may clear it up.

Might be a dumb question, but do I need to be rooted to flash stock Android to this phone?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Might be a dumb question, but do I need to be rooted to flash stock Android to this phone?

No, you don't have to be rooted to flash a stock firmware. Other than using the RUU though I am not sure how it could be done easier. With Samsung I can use Samsung Kies and Odin and with my iPhone I just download the firmware and flash it through iTunes.

So does HTC have an easy way to flash firmwares?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Do you remember what Android version you were on? It looks like you can flash a firmware from recovery mode on the phone if you can enter recovery mode.

I haven't checked to see if this is for the AT&T version, but it describes how you flash from the phone's recovery.

Install Sense 6 on HTC One M7 OTA Update DroidViews

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
I would use the RUU method. Sounds like a bad update OTA! It is not that hard to complete. And should solve all the issues! I would FDR after the flash as well. If persistant...do it twice

Last edited: