HTC "M7" Packs a Serious Punch

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
m7.png

HTC is at it again with it's latest flagship Android creation that will feature several industry first cutting-edge components. Known by its codename, M7, the beastly Android handset will be one of the first full HD handsets in the 4.7-inch class with a eye grabbing SoLux display pushing out 468PPI pixels which translates into 40% more pixels than the iPhone 5. The SoLux is said to offer a number of visual improvements over the previous generation Super LCD2. Better viewing angles, outdoor visibility, and color accuracy are all part of the improvements. The power under the hood of the M7 is a 2nd Gen Quad-Core processor from Qualcomm, clocking in at a blazing fast 1.7GHz per core. Bolstering the powerhouse processor is 2GB of RAM and internal flash storage will never be an issue with 32GB of available space. The LTE device is expected to ship running Key Lime Pie (if ready) and skinned with HTC’s Sense 5. Photographers will be pleased to know that the handset has been tipped to pack a 13MP CCD and even larger f/2.0 lens. The image sensor, dubbed Cinesensor, will allow both increased image quality and improved features such as super slow-mo and video HDR. Both the front and rear cameras (2 MP) will be capable of 1080p video capture.

Rounding out the industry first components the M7 will support the next-generation Wi-Fi standard, 802.11ac, which is said to have throughput 3x that of 802.11n WLAN networks. Most people are probably already wondering "will it drop on my netword?" and the answer is a resounding yes and maybe. The handset is scheduled to drop on Big Reds and Sprints network, with the strong possibility of hitting T-Mobile and AT&T's network. Lastly, it is expected to be launched at Google’s I/O 2013 event. Who's jumping on the M7 train?

Source: Unwired

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
still a pathetic battery

With the way these new processors perform this battery will be plenty. You don't need a monster battery anymore. I love the size and the specs more so that any other phone out now. This could seriously be my next phone. I still have a year on my contract so time will tell.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

Last edited:

stillwaiting

Reaction score
true, you don't "need" that big of a battery, in my experience with my D2G (not comparing the phones) I cant tell you how many times I would get my battery down to around 20% and have to underclock my CPU to around 325, it's just nice to have excess battery just in case.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I need a 3000 or better battery or at least it be removable... so htc is a no go for me

what u need might be different

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
True, what we all need is different. For myself I'm near a charger both at home and work so a massive battery isn't necessary even though I have an extended battery for my RZ. I would like a removable battery but I've come to the conclusion that they are a dying breed so I might as well get used to a non-removable one.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

shockracer

Reaction score
so glad!

This looks far more promising then the DNA did, I'm glad that I didn't jump for the DNA!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This might just be my next phone. If the 2300mah battery isn't enough my external 5200mah battery should get me through the day with no problems

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post