HTC - leaked 2010 Q1 Q2 line up

OP
Mojo

Mojo

Reaction score
Oh I agree, the bravo looks pretty sweet. But I was expecting something a little more.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh I agree, the bravo looks pretty sweet. But I was expecting something a little more.

Yeah from the little amount of specs that it shows, it seems that it's not much more then a droid.

There are 2 things i wish the droid came with, FM radio, and divx. Divx isn't a big one because there should be an app out soon that deals with that.

BUT DID YOU SEE YOU CAN GET AN OPTIONAL JOYSTICK!!!!??? lol

OP
Mojo

Mojo

Reaction score
I agree those features would have been nice too. I also wish that the Droid had a video out as well. But overall I have very happy with the Droid. I am kinda glad that HTC did not come out with something that would make me regret getting the Droid LOL.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
wow, the Bravo looks nothing like the "Passion" prototype, but is a very sexy phone... now wonder what carrier the Bravo ends up first.

OP
Mojo

Mojo

Reaction score
All the pics were stapmed with t-mobile. So my guess would be them, but I have seen other things leading to mutible versions of the devices. Like cdma counterparts.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
But overall I have very happy with the Droid. I am kinda glad that HTC did not come out with something that would make me regret getting the Droid LOL.

Blasphemy : )

Did you honestly believe that HTC would release a device that would make you regret the Droid?

Last edited:

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
anyway the Bravo is slated for April (according to that link)... and it won't hit VZ first

Mike84

Reaction score
Hmmm, I wonder if Droid sales will go up even more now once all the people who didn't buy a Droid because they were waiting for the passion see this.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Like I've been saying all along...

there is a reason why Verizon puts its dollars behind the Droid. It's not like they left Motorola to market the phone on their own. Verizon wants the Droid to be their flagship phone for this generation, even though as I have said in other posts, that aspect is irrelevant. Sheep mentalities don't get you anywhere.

People talk about how it was JUST to bring in new customers for now just like the future. True, but it goes beyond that. Every new phone that gets released does not get the same treat FROM Verizon and the dollars fueling the push.

There was a reason behind the madness.

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Like I've been saying all along...

there is a reason why Verizon puts its dollars behind the Droid. It's not like they left Motorola to market the phone on their own. Verizon wants the Droid to be their flagship phone for this generation, even though as I have said in other posts, that aspect is irrelevant. Sheep mentalities don't get you anywhere.

People talk about how it was just to bring in new customers for now just like the future. True, but it goes beyond that. Every new phone that gets released does not get the same treat FROM Verizon.

There was a reason behind the madness.

You are on point Lord. Here's my post taken from another thread about this very subject.

VZW put 100,000,000 USD in marketing behind the Moto Droid. The most money EVER spent on marketing a smartphone.

To spend that much money on a device that was NOT going to be their flagship device would be lunacy and a REALLY idiotic business decision. It simply does not make sense.

You just don't do that if you do not have long term goals for a product.

You put all your money behind a product that you have a long term investment in. Whether or not it succeeeds is a whole other story but the intention is there "lets put all our money behind device X and make it our flagship device"

The commercials and adverts are proof of this. VZW has chosen a specific device for a full on frontal assault against the best selling and most popular smartphone on the market today, the iPhone. That in itself tells you it's long term. It's very calculated and well planned out.

The Moto Droid will be at the tip of the spear in VZW's assault on the iPhone for years to come.

Will the Passion ever make it to VZW? I really don't know. If it does you can bet it won't see the likes of anything like their current marketing campaign with the Droid. That would be a huge mistake.

You don't DIRECTLY attack the giant that Apple/AT&T has created and then back out of the fight and then throw in an entirely different device. "We were just kidding. Here's the device thats Does" That just does not make any sense.

This is heavyweight bout and we are in the first round. Round 2 is the next iteration of the Moto Droid.

They are in the process of creating a brand (Moto Droid) just as AT&T/Apple created a brand (iPhone.)