HTC keyboard on DROID -non-root-

itabgurmom

Reaction score
ok how do i "unzip the folder" on the droid? i can do it on my comp but i have yet to grasp of using .zip files on my droid. i have astro files manager on my comp is that sufficient enough to do this kind of stuff?

moot

Reaction score
Tried physical keyboard in AK Notepad, no prediction, even after I enabled it. Oh well. I'm definitely liking this keyboard a lot better than anything else. One-button switch between English and Russian? Yes please!

Update, I realized I didn't have the HTC_IME file in the root of my SD card. Placed it there, and now I have prediction with my physical keyboard! Awesome!!! :icon_ banana:

What settings do you have enabled? I have the htc-ime file in root, software prediction works well, but still not hardware qwerty prediction for me.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
My physical keyboard doesnt do predictions either - how do you do it?

Tried physical keyboard in AK Notepad, no prediction, even after I enabled it. Oh well. I'm definitely liking this keyboard a lot better than anything else. One-button switch between English and Russian? Yes please!

Update, I realized I didn't have the HTC_IME file in the root of my SD card. Placed it there, and now I have prediction with my physical keyboard! Awesome!!! :icon_ banana:

What settings do you have enabled? I have the htc-ime file in root, software prediction works well, but still not hardware qwerty prediction for me.

Paul1201

Reaction score
ok how do i "unzip the folder" on the droid? i can do it on my comp but i have yet to grasp of using .zip files on my droid. i have astro files manager on my comp is that sufficient enough to do this kind of stuff?

Download AndroZip from the market

moot

Reaction score
My physical keyboard doesnt do predictions either - how do you do it?

I think I figured it out, you have to tap your screen first, before hardware qwerty prediction kicks in.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Change option in settings for text input - there is a setting for hardware QWERTY that turns it on - it's great.

Do any of you use the spell correction? I also changed it to add a space after you select a word.

jtcampbell

Reaction score
Love this. Smooth download to SD Card, smooth install...great new keyboard.

Ten times better than the default Android keyboard. Keep up the good work. Need more stuff like this for non-rooted Droids...

moot

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the spell correction options does? Leaving it off and only have prediction seems to be spell checking as well?

Also, is the source reputable? I want to make sure there isn't a key logger or something. The GPS icon constantly shows up after installing this app. It might just be a coincidence, though.

Mohawk3

Reaction score
I like this keyboard and it almost swayed me to pick up the Eris over the Droid, but I don't think that it can replace Swype as my keyboard of choice.

jtcampbell

Reaction score
Quick question: When OS 2.1 comes out, keyword "when" it comes out, will this keyboard and the installed APK files still be compatible with OS 2.1? Just wondering...

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I noticed the GPS thing also...I did a battery pull and it stopped.

Does anyone know what the spell correction options does? Leaving it off and only have prediction seems to be spell checking as well?

Also, is the source reputable? I want to make sure there isn't a key logger or something. The GPS icon constantly shows up after installing this app. It might just be a coincidence, though.

OP
RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Love this. Smooth download to SD Card, smooth install...great new keyboard.

Ten times better than the default Android keyboard. Keep up the good work. Need more stuff like this for non-rooted Droids...

then try watching XDA developers closely. some nice guys there doing stuff for non-rooters like us ;) but dont be afraid, as soon as i come along something cool,
ill hook you guys up!

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Question: is the only way to enable predictive text for the HW keyboard is to tap in the field again, like another poster said? That's the only way it works me.

This is an amazing app. It just became my default.