1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

HTC keyboard for the DX?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by budmonster, Dec 15, 2010.

1. budmonster

budmonster Guest

I remember using the HTC keyboard for my OG Droid. Can you use the HTC keyboard, say from the Incredible on the DX? I can't remember where to d/l it from, I think it was on XDA. Is anyone using the HTC_IME keyboard on the DX?
  2. er0wid

er0wid New Member

Better Keyboard has the Epic keyboard if that helps.
  3. .paul

.paul New Member

I tried using the IME keyboard on my phone, but it kept force closing. I'm using rubiX1.9, so that might be why.
  4. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

5. budmonster

budmonster Guest

6. xliderider

xliderider New Member

I highly recommend SwifKey, it's a great keyboard. It will even try to predict the word you will type NEXT. :eek:
  7. budmonster

budmonster Guest

The htc_ime keyboard installs but wont open, I get FC errors? Anyone know how to properly install it? I just used astro to install the apk, and went into the my phones settings and clicked on this keyboard. When I go to write a text or enter a url in the browser, etc. I get a keyboard FC?
  8. budmonster

budmonster Guest

im looking for this keyboard, the htc evo.

[​IMG]
  9. arabstar1982

arabstar1982 New Member

I was using this keyboard and it worked great....until the froyo update... after that it just force closes.... I don't think there's a way it will work with our froyo... which is a bummer cause I liked that keyboard much better than other ones.... maybe someone has found a fix for the problem....
  10. plumcrazy

plumcrazy Premium Member Premium Member

what he said
  11. budmonster

budmonster Guest

The HTC keyboard from say, the Incredible, etc. does work on the DX. Go here to get it [MOD] HTC_IME v27 by Jonasl: New Thread! - xda-developers it looks like this:

[​IMG]

There is a HTC EVO keyboard that is different from the rest. I'm trying to find a working version for the DX? below is a picture. I tried downloading it from Download: HTC IME Keyboard for DROID X - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog but it does not work!

[​IMG]

On Droid-Life he has the keyboard posted for download but there is no clicker.apk which I believe is needed for any HTC keyboard to work.