htc installed but themes wont?

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by drewlamo1, Apr 7, 2010.

1. drewlamo1

drewlamo1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    anyone get a htc keyboard theme to work?
    i got the htc update to work but metamorph wont change from the stock look

2. GodfatherIP

GodfatherIP Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am using the HTC keyboard v20 and have working themes. They uploaded new themes for v20 so if you use the themes for v19 on v20 they might not work. Also you have to make sure you have HTC_IME.apk installed to your system apps. If you tried to update it that might have messed things up. I would completely uninstall HTC_IME and then push the new HTC_IME.apk to your /system/app folder and then try to theme it. If you have HTC_IME.apk on your sd card and a blackdroid rom with his scripts the terminal emulator commands are:

su
    sysrw
    busybox cp -R /sdcard/HTC_IME.apk /system/app
    sysro
    sync

You can install clicker.apk normally through app manager since it does not need to be in system.

3. drewlamo1

drewlamo1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    htc

k thanx ill give it a shot

4. GodfatherIP

GodfatherIP Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good luck, I hope it works. By the way it looks like BD still has v19 in his repository. For the latest version (v20) go to:
    [APP MOD] HTC_IME Keyboard (5th April) v20: More swiping and fixes - xda-developers
    For the latest skins (install via metamorph) go to:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=654179

Actually I just noticed that on the skins page there is an update.zip version of the latest keyboard. So you can just download it, rename to update.zip, and place it on the root of your sdcard and then run it as an update.zip install and it should install to system automatically. This may be easier if you aren't familiar with using terminal emulator.

5. drewlamo1

drewlamo1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    k so i tried both methods with no success

i seem to have v18 stuck in system/app and i cant uninstall it

v20 while does install successfully isnt for some reason overwriting it?

in system/app it says file version 18 installed version 20

but the v20 themes using metamorph or the update.zip file wont override stock lol..

think i gotta wipe and reload ud and just install v20 from a clean install

edit: by stock i mean htc plain version no theme not the black ud android

thanx for the help on this matter

6. powerwagon

powerwagon Member

Ratings:
    +2
    You are the man...very much appreciated. It was killing me not being able to figure out how to get this keyboard on 9.8...this did the trick!

7. GodfatherIP

GodfatherIP Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You shouldn't have to wipe to fix it. Titanium Backup can uninstall system apps. Just uninstall with titanium, reboot, go into manage applications set the filter to all, see if there is any trace left, if there is uninstall through the manage applications as well, reboot again, and then try to install with the update.zip method from the xda site. The program will appear as "Touch Input" in both Titanium and Manage Applications.

8. drewlamo1

drewlamo1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    crap i already wiped lol, im reading on other threads that metamorph isnt working for things like r1's theme, hmmm

i noticed though on my 1st install i had my old wallpapers.

i did wipe/factory reset / then cache.. still had wallpaper

this time i wiped 2 times each and im seeing the wood wallpaper.

think on my 1st install i had some stuff not wipe hopefully this time through it goes easy.

thanx again for all the input, ill have to look into titanium i dont currently have/ use that

9. GodfatherIP

GodfatherIP Member

Ratings:
    +0
    MM should work for the HTC keyboard regardless of rom, R1's theme edits the framework which does depend on the rom. Wiping data unfortunately still won't remove a system app unless you re-installed the rom as well. It definitely sounds like you just need to get rid of the old HTC_IME.apk in /system/app then install the new one using the update.zip method from the xda skins site. Then you should be able to apply any skins you want via metamorph.

10. drewlamo1

drewlamo1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wipe worked just installed HTC through terminal per your instructions weird I couldn't get rid of the old version
    Had some other problems with metamorph doing framework themes some type of permission problem with 9.8 or something idk.
    When I wiped I did a restore of 9.0 then didn't wipe cache or data when installing 9.8 everything running smooth ever since except for
    Helix themes I have to copy that from system app make my changes then copy back in thanx again for all the help

11. linkboy

linkboy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I couldn't get the update.zip to install (kept giving me an installation aborted error), so I opened the zip on my computer, removed the .apk file, uninstalled the keyboard from my phone and installed the .apk. It worked perfectly fine.

Search tags for this page

themes wont change htc