HTC Incredible Using Stock Android Keyboard

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by PetiePal, May 17, 2010.

1. PetiePal

PetiePal New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey everyone! New to these forums but I've been on AndroidForums for over a year. I've got a Motorola Droid and a friend who worked for Verizon sent me a free HTC Incredible about a week and a half ago. I've been putzing around with it trying to figure out if I want to upgrade or stick with my Droid and eventually root that.

I like the hardware on the Incredible, albeit the backing feels a little plasticky etc but 2.1 on it zooms. I'm not a huge fan of Sense UI and I really really dislike the Sense UI keyboard as well. I'd love to put the stock Android 2.1 keyboard (like on my Moto Droid) on there. I've tried Swype and can't stand that either.

I shouldn't need root for this right? If I get the apk for the 2.1 keyboard can I just add that in and then switch text input to that keyboard??

2. chuckster98

chuckster98 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    android keyboard on incredible

I am trying to do the same thing. I was using the droid and I like the Android keyboard much better than the HTC keyboard. I have been trying endlessly to try and load that keyboard back on there but I have not figured out a way to do it. I found the Android 2.1 keyboard with Voice apk file and I tried loading it but it will not load on the Incredible for some reason. I don't know what else to try and do. I figured that since the Incredible is running the 2.1 that the keyboard would be in there automatically. I can swear that when I was checking out the Android at the Verizon store that the Android keyboard was on that phone but when I got my Incredible it has the HTC keyboard and I don't like it nearly as much.

If anyone can help please let me know.

3. joker402

joker402 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    better keyboard has a stock android skin

4. rsarno

rsarno Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for the bump, but can you link to that skin?
    Thanks

Search tags for this page
don't like htc incredible keyboard

htc keyboard apk

htc sense keyboard apk
love mm keyboard.apk