HTC Incredible Update 2.2

beesy

Reaction score
Well I just got off the phone with the Verizon Tech and he says, Google just finished and released the 2.2 update for the Incredible last week, the problem is that it has to be tested, so this means we will not get it until late August or early September. :icon_eek:

OP
B

beesy

Reaction score
I just saw this

HTC DROID Incredible to be updated to Froyo end of July, early August

by Andrew Munchbach on July 19th, 2010 at 12:50pm
Filed under: AT&T, Android, BlackBerry, Exclusives, GSM, HTC, Mobile, Software, Verizon 111 Comments

We just received a juicy tip about the HTC DROID Incredible software update schedule that we’d like to share. One of our strategically placed Ninjas was kind enough to pass along an email from HTC that read as follows:
I wanted to pass along that the upcoming Incredible MR will also include Froyo (originally it was going to be two separate MRs).
We are targeting the end of the month/first part of August. As a reminder, below are the highlights:
  • Froyo
  • 802.11 n
  • 3G Mobile Hot Spot
  • HTC Widget: Email
  • HTC Widget: News
  • EAS Updates
  • 720p Video Recording
  • Amazon MP3
Obviously, the news here is that the Incredible update that began rolling out this weekend will — in all likelihood — be halted, and a sexier, Froyo-inclusive update will be pushed out in the coming weeks. The update will also include 802.11n Wi-Fi support, 3G Mobile Hot Spot, 720p video recording, and more. Not bad news for Incredible owners. What do you think? Is Android 2.2 worth an extra few weeks of waiting?

egobuster1

Reaction score
curious if the people running rooted will get the update and if we do then will it block our root access

kmo

Reaction score
Battery? Whatever, it is what it is. Buy a spare. If you're rooted you won't be able to accept the upgrade unless you go back to stock. I won't get excited because rumors are all over the place but, would love to see this update together...

Last edited:

thrasher6143

Reaction score
I just saw this

• Froyo
  • 802.11 n
  • 3G Mobile Hot Spot
  • EAS Updates
  • 720p Video Recording
  • Amazon MP3
Not bad news for Incredible owners. What do you think? Is Android 2.2 worth an extra few weeks of waiting?

Im gonna get an incedible most likely should I wait and maybe some of the hardware will be more tailored forthis or can the incredible more than handle?

mach330

Reaction score
is that really true? if we're rooted, we won't be able to get the update?

bertholemew

Reaction score
2 questions

1 what does it mean by skype, I already have skype on 2.1

2 does anyone else have a problem with the blank screen while on a call i'm always rotating my phone so the screen will appear so i can look something up while on a call

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Lynx

Reaction score
I just saw this

• Froyo
  • 802.11 n
  • 3G Mobile Hot Spot
  • EAS Updates
  • 720p Video Recording
  • Amazon MP3
Not bad news for Incredible owners. What do you think? Is Android 2.2 worth an extra few weeks of waiting?

Im gonna get an incedible most likely should I wait and maybe some of the hardware will be more tailored forthis or can the incredible more than handle?

The Incredible can more than handle Android 2.2 :)