HTC incredible shows up in verizons inventory system

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice! When it comes out ill have to go check it out! Not the biggest fan of Sense but i heard Sense 2.1 is suppose to be pretty cool

OP
I
Reaction score
another article i read stated . "CTIA's spring expo, held late in March, is believed to be a likely candidate." for the announcement of this handset.

Reaction score
I bought the eris used so i'm not locked into a verizon contract. If this comes out, i'll definitely pick this up (off contract). HTC Sense is utterly amazing. I love the eris and this should be the bigger brother we wished was released alongside the Moto droid..

big.daddy

Reaction score
yeah, i will probably pay retail to get this one. I will never do another contract, i have had 3 different phones during my contract (curve, tour, and now Droid).

mach330

Reaction score
crap...so the incredible n n1 should come out around the same time. decision decision. so probably end of the month?

spec wise...n1 and incredible are the same correct? i do like the optical track on incredible more so than the track ball of n1.

edit: nm...looks like n1 is having some screen issues that might cause delay. that was short lived.

OP
I
Reaction score
crap...so the incredible n n1 should come out around the same time. decision decision. so probably end of the month?

spec wise...n1 and incredible are the same correct? i do like the optical track on incredible more so than the track ball of n1.

edit: nm...looks like n1 is having some screen issues that might cause delay. that was short lived.

yeah im digging the optical trackpad as well sense ui. i would really prefer the desire above all. the incredible would be an easier choice (on vz currently) if it matched the n1 memory wise. why make a phone with great specs, call it incredible then skimp on the memory for apps. the incredible is supposedly delayed as well til may.

edit. i have no plans on rooting so stuck with current memory onboard until things change.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

yeah im digging the optical trackpad as well sense ui. i would really prefer the desire above all. the incredible would be an easier choice (on vz currently) if it matched the n1 memory wise. why make a phone with great specs, call it incredible then skimp on the memory for apps. the incredible is supposedly delayed as well til may.

edit. i have no plans on rooting so stuck with current memory onboard until things change.

If the rumors hold up, looks like it'll be matching in the memory department. Hopefully its true.

OP
I
Reaction score

If the rumors hold up, looks like it'll be matching in the memory department. Hopefully its true.

updates specs, pretty well confirmed have up to 6 gb of flash for storing apps. this sure beats the hell outta 256 and 512mb. finally an incredible storage without having to deal with sd cards and rooting. im sold.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

updates specs, pretty well confirmed have up to 6 gb of flash for storing apps. this sure beats the hell outta 256 and 512mb. finally an incredible storage without having to deal with sd cards and rooting. im sold.
If that 6gb holds true, I'm so all over this one. I like the 8mp camera, too. Looks like they really are building the devil out of this unit. Could really be a powerhouse.

OP
I
Reaction score

If that 6gb holds true, I'm so all over this one. I like the 8mp camera, too. Looks like they really are building the devil out of this unit. Could really be a powerhouse.

yeah i dont know why so many other android devices have beens skimping on internal memory. 2 testers on another board have verified this, just a matter of believing them. 8gb total of which 6.4 is useable the rest is for the os and sense. also rumored is the capability of 720 recording. not initially but is supposedly built in for future use through updates or rooting.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
After you posted I looked up some other articles and saw it looks like you're right about the 6gb. Also saw they're saying it will be released to Verizon stores in two weeks. God I hope so. This looks like the phone I've been waiting for!

OP
I
Reaction score
After you posted I looked up some other articles and saw it looks like you're right about the 6gb. Also saw they're saying it will be released to Verizon stores in two weeks. God I hope so. This looks like the phone I've been waiting for!

thats the rumor we're all hoping for. the supersonic for sprint is supposedly being revealed as well during ctia. the time frame looks good for the incredible. set to be delivered in 2 weeks, being confirmed (hopefully) during ctia on 21 and ready for release on the 27th or early april. also rumored are 11 home pages but is unconfirmed but makes sense with the expanded amount of memory dedicated to apps (which was my biggest concern) since i am reluctant to root and store on sd. cant wait. :icon_ banana:

OP
I
Reaction score
here are some confirmed specs compliments of anonimac on another board. this guy seems very legit citing specifics before news releases. the processor seems to idle at 245mhz, work at 750mhz, and when pushed runs at full 1ghz. pretty cool

Confirmed:
1 Ghz Snapdragon processor (
QSD8650) (245 Mhz at idle)
RAM - 512 MB (320 usable...like N1...more to become available with OS update)
ROM - 6.6-6.8 GB writable phone storage
8 MP camera (Dual flash and AF)
Android 2.1
Sense UI (w/ Friendstream)
Optical track pad (vs. "ball")
3.7 inch screen

WVGA resolution
AMOLED

1300 MaH battery
FM Tuner
802.11 b/g
Dimensions: 117.5 mm (L) x 58.5 mm (w) x 11.9 mm (T)
No 720p recording
No multitouch BUG as found in N1

Unconfirmed:
8GB MicroSDHC card
RAM - Possibly 1 gig...further confirmation needed
Noise canceling dual mic? (like on Nexus One)
Release date: March, 27th, 2010 (in inventory systems starting March 23rd) Note: This is still being vetted for additional sources but enough evidence so far to post...will be moved to confirmed once more is known

DIRTYDOGG

Reaction score
Man that looks so Sick

I have an ENV2 but was able for upgrade in Feb and been looking at the Phones now think i wait till around May and see where we at

also a Noob question can the apps that run on the droid also run on the other android phones such as the INCred?