HTC Incredible S Getting ICS OTA Update Rollout Now

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-incredible-s.png

Here's another one that isn't directly Verizon related, but we know that many of you guys are fans of the Incredible series from HTC, so we wanted to share. Back in May, HTC shared a list of phones that would be getting the Ice Cream Sandwich update within a few months, and the HTC Incredible S was one of them. They held true to their promise of July for the phone as the ICS update is now rolling out to it. More than likely the unlocked GSM version will get it first, then it will depend on your carrier. Here's a quote with some more details,

The update apparently comes in at around 250MB and is being delivered OTA, so there’s no need to rush to your computer and find a microUSB cable. If your phone hasn’t already pinged you about an update, it might be worth checking manually. Ice Cream Sandwich will bring some performance improvements, Face Unlock, and HTC has bumped Sense up to 3.6.

Sound off in the forums when you receive the update (or if you have received it already), so we can share in your good news!

Source: SlashGear

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Isn't the Incredible S the Incredible 2 over here?

Escobar

Reaction score
As the Rezound sits and waits. This is ridiculous.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Scooped!
(Posted first in the Dinc2 Forum)

Yes, TJK the Incredible S is the Euro-Twin of the Dinc2.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Are you serious Escobar???
How long has your phone been out? And you think your phone should get it before my phone that has been out FAR longer then yours?
They absolutely should do it by oldest phones first.
It's far and away the fairest way to do it.

Anyway.. I am stoked. Can't be long for the Dinc2 now since they are so similar.

Last edited:

rpdonald

Reaction score
PereDroid said:
How long has your phone been out? And you think your phone should get it before my phone that has been out FAR longer then yours?

Anyway.. I am stoked. Can't be long for the Dinc2 now since they are so similar.

Sadly, that's not the way they do things (see RAZR vs Bionic). Just because this is rolling out for the GSM version doesn't mean that verizon won't tie it up until after the rezound's ICS drops.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

rpdonald

Reaction score
PereDroid said:
Thanks o Crusher of Dreams.
Hahaha :)

I aim to please! Seriously though, I find it as irritating as you do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

nikecar

Reaction score

Old phones are like the elderly. You cannot expect Grandma to go out and breakdance better than a younger person.

That said, both phones were slated to be in the same general time frame.
Android 4.0 Update Frequently Asked Questions - HTC Support Center

warped1987

Reaction score
Waiting any day now for ICS, and then see if we get JB. Doubt it though. But We should all be due for an upgrade to a device capable of JB anyways.