HTC Incredible Root Help! (MAJOR)

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by xHaVoK87, Dec 12, 2010.

1. xHaVoK87

xHaVoK87 New Member

Ok I'm new to the Android community and service through Verizon and glad that this is my first post even knowing I need some help. Basically I used Unrevoked 3 to root my phone but before I say what's going on let me tell you everything I have done since I got my phone.

First I bought my phone with unlimited everything data and all. After a few hours I had a new update for my phone which rebooted which I'm guessing was a newer version of Android or some security update through Verizon. I applied it and went on. A few days later I found out about rooting with Unrevoked 3 with no hassles. So I did it and everything went fine. Well I wanted to see the recovery menu and its just black nothing loads up. I got ROM Manager and followed the tutorials about using it and they told me to Flash ClockworkMod Recovery and that went fine. After that it told me to do a backup of my current stock Verizon 2.2 ROM before installing custom mods which I did but went to recovery where I could not see anything but that black screen with 2 white lines on both sides of the screen.

Well long story short I pulled the battery out like I normally do and it bricked my phone but thank god for some reason it's working now. But I still have that black screen in recovery. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to see the recovery screen? I really want to get into the whole Android scene as a developer but I'm totally new to the whole root scene. Any ideas? Please feel free to email me @ xHaVoK87@gmail.com or just respond here.

Thanks very much Droid Forums and glad to start my reputation with such a fantastic community!
  2. tat2junior

tat2junior New Member

3. xHaVoK87

xHaVoK87 New Member

Thank you so much you are a life saver! I will post update confirming everything went smooth!
  4. xHaVoK87

xHaVoK87 New Member

Worked perfectly! Any amazing roms that look tech like and save a lot of battery out there? I love the stock UI so something similar would be great!
  5. enlightened

enlightened DF Super Moderator

Glad to hear the tutorial went smoothly for you! I'd recommend Redemption 2.2 for your first shot- you can always keep flashing until you find something you like. Are you looking to develop Sense-based or AOSP (Android Open Source Project) ROMs? There are lots of great options out there- some that look just like Sense (Redemption, Skyraider), one that looks like the iPhone (MIUI), some that abandon Sense altogether...
  6. xHaVoK87

xHaVoK87 New Member

I plan on doing sense applications but might venture off into some other sources. I was also curious, I installed uncommon sense 1.1 and love it but say I wanted to go back to my old Rom that I backed up my applications crash for some reason and I have to uninstall then reinstall again. Is that because I need to do a full wipe on my phone before I flash a new Rom or backup? How do I do that in recovery? Also does Rom manager do that for me when I restore backup? It asked me if I wanted to wipe everything before I installed uncommon sense but what about my backup?

xHaVoK87@gmail.com
    HTC Incredible -)Rooted(-
  7. xHaVoK87

xHaVoK87 New Member

One more thing my phone is asking me to update from Verizon for vcast and other apps that are not even on this phone. Is it safe to do so? If not how do I get rid of it? It says its a software update.

xHaVoK87@gmail.com
    HTC Incredible -)Rooted(-
  8. xHaVoK87

xHaVoK87 New Member

Search tags for this page
android system recovery
black lines htc incredible
black screen with white lines droid incredible
droid incredible black screen white lines
droid incredible recovery black screen
droid incredible recovery black screen white bars
htc increadible screen black with with white