Htc Incredible Review

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by armeddroid, Apr 19, 2010.

1. armeddroid

armeddroid New Member

2. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

thanks for the link... engadget put up a decent review... but maybe they could've tested the phone for an extra day... seems like they wrote that up a few hours after getting the phone, haha
  3. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

Better than a stock Droid? I would guess maybe due to the tighter integration and tweaks in Sense UI + Android 2.1. As for better than a Droid after the Droid is rooted? I would have to say no to that. In any case both phones stand on their own merit and the Droid still has a ton to offer as well when compared to the Incredible.
  4. Armeddroid2

Armeddroid2 Guest

Man i have been having problems trying to log in. WTH?
    Anyways, on this post I was actually kinda surprised that they did such an review after just a few hours.
    And to make such bold statements right off the top?
  5. wuyanks

they said they had it for a "few days" but i call BS...
  6. Armeddroid2

Armeddroid2 Guest

Also they said in this review that this AMOLED display is hard to read in the direct sunlight vs another review saying that the can read it well..
    huh?
  7. HarshReality

HarshReality Member

Reviews like that make me think 'payoff'. I didnt see one negative remark on the thing at all and I can always find at least one thing.
  8. BzB

BzB New Member

looks like a good review to me. it shouldn't really take that long to review this phone seeing as they have extensive experience with android 2.1 via the droid, nexus, desire, and legend. maybe not completely objective, but they are contrasting it against all the aforementioned phones which also got very good reviews...

the things they did point out that may become more glaring issues...battery life is worse than the nexus? which already has questionable battery life (ugh)...screen viewing in bright sunlight, a known issue with amoled...lack of dedicated camera button (a convenience on the droid)...the contoured back may be a love or hate, they say it actually is a bit functional, guess we'll see...they didn't mention if the camera glass was flush with the camera bezel, if so that will be a problem with scratches and/or dings.

all in all it looks like the incredible will be a very good android phone worth taking a look at. the nexus is more evenly paired when it comes to form factor and features, but the droid has a few features that it just can't match. the droid has a keyboard, automatic launch of navigation when in car dock, dedicated camera button, and solid build quality. looking forward to trying out the incredible though.
  9. rushmore

rushmore Guest

Not seeing it is better (ATM), due to a few key issues that are common in other reviews of Inc:

1. Two bars less signal than Droid & dancing bars (the phone function is important, of course)
    2. Battery life is significantly less than Droid
    3. Internal space can not be read by apps

The signal issue is a killer for me. I may get the Droid, especially since will likely be free with two year contract, at end of month.
  10. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

You might want to try re-reading the review.

"...Because these displays are the same, it means they share the same issues; we disliked the color intensity on the Incredible just as we did on the Nexus One. Reds and oranges, in particularly, look overwhelmingly saturated here, and other colors aren't truly represented. It's just too colorful, if you can believe it. Another somewhat major issue that we struggled with on the Incredible (just as we did on the Nexus One) was the awful screen visibility in bright daylight. We had numerous occasions where we simply could not answer a call or take a picture due to the AMOLED display's poor showing outdoors. In overcast settings (such as the one above) it was usually bearable, and If you crank the brightness all the way up on sunnier days you can get some visibility, though once you're outside and can't see the display, that's a bit of a challenge. In all honesty, we love certain aspects of these screens, but we're perplexed as to why HTC continues to use this same display when it's clear the daylight performance is hamstrung..."
  11. wuyanks

i don't think this was a "pay-off" review either; i just felt it was rushed for the sake of beating out other tech sites (*Ahem* gizmodo, etc)... but it was a good read nonetheless
  12. Sweettooth

Sweettooth New Member

In my opinion, I think what's happening is too many of these new phones are being created in each others vision more or less, so there are only slight differences that usually come down to user preference. I also call bs on this thing being way ahead of anything else. The only thing that stands out about it is the internal storage which apparently has quirks, and the 8MP camera. These two characteristics wont allow it to hold the top spot for much longer as all the new Android phones will likely include these things as well. We were all blown away to hear the Nexus One would have a 1Ghz processor, now all the new ones have that pretty much. I'd rather wait until my contract is up in like 15 months and get the next "milestone" in mobile technology vs. a small step forward today.
  13. Spinninghorse

Spinninghorse Member

Is it known that the Droid Incredible does not have this function?
  14. JFDroid

JFDroid New Member

The incredible uses a new kind of multitouch sensor that the nexus one/Droid don't have. The issues users are having with multitouch not registering properly is a hardware issue with our phones that is remedied on the incredible. Read up on it on Android and Me.

Fwiw, the incredibles software keyboard is really, really, really good. Better than the iPhones keyboard which means you dont need a hardware kb. That's pretty amazing to me. It lets you have a thinner phone. Easier to pocket. Plus, I'm hoping the incredibles headphone jack doesn't suck like the Motorola droids does.

I'm going with the incredible in July when I'm eligible for upgrade because I want a slimmer phone and because I love the sense ui and Widgets.
  15. rkeller62

rkeller62 Member

Actually that article is talking about the touch sensor in older HTC phones. IIRC the Droid does not use the Maxtouch sensor they are referring to.
  16. jasonb

jasonb New Member

damn it! now i want the incredible. i love my droid, but i really like sense UI.

i wonder how much like new droids are going for on ebay.
  17. kdizzi3

kdizzi3 New Member

Looks good and all but will not purchase jus because its mada by HTC. Had previous motorola phones which were durable which brought me to the moto droid.
  18. synaptyc

synaptyc New Member

Arrrrgh! The ONLY thing holding me back from getting this phone is that it has NO forward facing camera like the Sprint EVO. Dang.
  19. Dusty

Dusty Premium Member Premium Member

I don't get why some people call the review a "Pay off"?

What? Were they supposed to hate the D.Inc? Android 2.1 is a good phone OS and this phone has the fastest stock processor that you can get for a phone. It has a high MP camera and a great network. There really isn't much to NOT like!

Specs-wise it is a step up from the MotoDroid and will be Verizon's poster child from here on out... Hate to break it to ya!

I like my Droid enough that I'm not tempted by it, which shows ME how strong the MotoDriod is as a mobile device. The only thing I never liked on my Droid is the keyboard, which some people swear by. I got over keyboards when I had an iPhone, and I don't use the one on my Droid for two reasons... It's a horrible, horrible, horrible keyboard, and I just don't miss keyboards.

You're exactly right. I figure by the time my contract is up in 14 or so months wide-spread 4G, dual core phone CPUs, and (maybe) a low res projector will be the new norm. I'll hold what I've got.
  20. manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic New Member

i like this phone.. looks slim, no keys, nice UI.. and quick in the OS.. im all over this thing..

hopefully i can be content with this for a while.. since there are new phones popping up every other day..