HTC Incredible OTA Update Mysteriously Arrives!

blu1080

Reaction score
boot into recovery without ADB

to boot into recovery mode just turn the phone off then hold the vol. down key and the power button. when the menu comes up just use the volume keys to scroll to recovery press the power button to enter then you can do the update from there. just thought you guys would like to know!:)

rushmore

Reaction score
Thanks about the recovery process. In regards to rooting, I am referring to the whole process, since the main reason I would root the Droid would be for OCing and that is it. Tethering does not need rooting and that would be the other reason.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
LOL...this process has nothing to do with rooting!

Retire36

Reaction score
I received my update yesterday AM. It was downloaded but I can't see any changes.

blu1080

Reaction score
it was a small update. adrynalyne posted earlier in the thread about what it did. here.

QUOTE=adrynalyne;455354]
Got the update , hopefully improves battery life

I've looked through the update zip file. There is nothing that would change battery life. Its exactly what the release notes say it is:

An email fix. They also included a new recovery image as well, which I find interesting. Stealth security fix to prevent rooting maybe?

*shrug*[/QUOTE]

gonaads

Reaction score
From what a Verizon rep told me was that not everyone was seeing the update because they sometimes do it in waves (maybe to see if there is any bugginess with it so they can yank it and rewrite it without too much exposure) and then send out another wave. But he didn't want to let on that there was an impending update, he did get a little vague about it.
I got the update on 05/04 but was around 8pm west coast.

And yeah just for the business mail thing.

aztec210

Reaction score
test tube for android 2.1

has anyone figured out to setup test tube for 3g

blu1080

Reaction score
the update link was posted by adrynalyne on page 10 post #94 of this thread.