htc incredible handcent not sending picture message correctly

kkesler

Reaction score
I downloaded handcent sms. When i try to send a pic message, i go to my albums and select the pic i want to send, hit menu and share, then share through handcent sms. Then i select the contact whom i want to send it to. It tells me that it compresses the file because it is too large. I click send and my friend with the nexus one recieves it but it does not automatically download and show the picture. He has to click on it and save it to his sd card in order to see it. He has t mobile. This same thing happened with my htc eris as well. He recieves pic messages from other people using handcent apps just fine, like they automatically show up without him having to download it and those people have the iphone and motorola droid. I have tried sending him one through the.regular messaging app and experienced same thing. But is anyone else anexperiencing this problem?
- is there any settings i have to change to fix this?

OP
K

kkesler

Reaction score
I forgot to add that it seems to send it like a slideshow. Because when my friend downloads it to his phone and goes to see it, it says veiw slideshow....

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Weird issue... mostly because normally handcent questions you if you want to download the file (a la the download button you have to click), then it displayes a thumbnail of the pic right there in your text window. Me thinks, but I'm not 100% sure, theres an option in handcent to automatically download MMS. Check your mms settings just for giggles.