HTC Incredible force close with OEM messages, Handcent, ChompSMS.....

M@|ice

Reaction score
well i recently upgraded to an HTC droid incredible and i have only one gripe, and im curious if im alone on this one. text messaging is ridiculous right now. i used the OEM messages app and after about 50 texts messages it force closes and deletes them all. so i tried handcent, same thing after about 50, then ChompSMS, same thing as the others. im getting frustrated because it doesnt force close after ive read them, it does it when i hit a certain number, then crashes, and i dont get a chance to read them before it deletes them from a force close.

now the moto droid i had before had this issue when i first got it, then somehow down the road maybe after an update it never did it again. i had something like 400 text messsages on there and it was just fine.

im using the same apps i used on the moto droid with the same settings and everything, nothing new or changed.

anyone else having this problem? not one other function or app is giving me issues at all, everything else is "Incredible", aside from the battery life. just this text messaging chaos.

thanks everyone!

OP
M

M@|ice

Reaction score
this might need moved to the HTC Incredible board, just noticed there is one now....sorry.

OP
M

M@|ice

Reaction score
update i guess....now its force closing with 14 messages. its not the third party ones force closing, looks like it is the oem thats flipping out. "com.android.mms". not once have i seen handcent or chompsms stated as force close but of course the messages are gone.

edit: now its handcent as well with the oem. this is ridiculous.....

Last edited: