HTC Incredible - Dont know how to roll back to 2.1 or custom 2.2

bobonut

Reaction score
Have an Incredible, was running stock 2.1, non rooted. Heard there was a manual Froyo ROM and I updated the phone and it worked great. Here is my problem, I HATE FROYO. Its got all this bloatware that I cannot kill/uninstall, and it is driving my battery into the ground. I want things back to what they were, or at least install a custom froyo without the bloatware, and am having no luck. I tried to install the SkyRaider Sense Rom 2.5.2 but at the recovery panel, I keep getting a Signature Verification Failed error. I am not making the .zip.zip mistake. I'd like to try this ROM, or just simply go back to 2.1, but don't know how. Again, I am not rooted, not a su, and am an afficiando and not a programmer so I don't understand all the lingo being used on the other threads to be honest. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. Not interested in rooting. Would just like a phone with some cool features minus the SkypeMobile, AmazonMP3, Flickr, News and Weather ETC ETC ETC bloatware. Thanks.

slinky

Reaction score
Are all those apps running in the background by default? I've got about 70 apps "running" but I'm not sure what that means. If I look at services, which I think is what is really running all the time, none of those are there. I don't blame you about the bloat but at least there is plenty of RAM and 7 screens to arrange apps.

tiffanyarmani

Reaction score
Ever since Verizon pushed the upgrade for 2.2 the bloatware has significantly decreased the speed of my HTC Incredible. The phone can't even keep up with texting without lagging and then it stops accepting input until it catches up. All of these apps are uninstallable when going to the Manage Apps. Verizon has also locked down tethering and the hotspot unless you pay.

This completely ruins the whole point of Android and having an open source OS.