HTC IME Keyboard Question...

billyk

Reaction score
Even though I am a devout Swype user, I keep coming back to this keyboard. Somehow, I am really, really fast and accurate on it.

Questions:
- I have the new V25, but I don't recall exactly how I selected keyboard skins in an earlier version. I know I had the typical black/white color scheme that is really easy to read. V25 comes installed with a gray scheme I don't like as much.

- Where the hell is the "Calibration" function? I know it's somewhere in those freakin' menus but I can't for the life of me find it.

Thanks in advance.
I may have to donate some money to this developer. It's a great keyboard!!

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
Ok - found the calibration. It's in a sub menu under "Text Input"

Still don't recall how to get that cool black/white skin that looks just like Swype though. Is it a different .apk I wonder??

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
Yes - doing that now.

I posted before I figured this out. There are some great starter skins to get you going. Great tool.

-bk

brochaos

Reaction score
yep, different apk. i feel the same way as you though. even when i'm all over the place on this keyboard, it still comes out more accurately than swype. plus, it's better for slang, etc.

mrgarrison

Reaction score
does anyone know if you can delete the android keyboard so i only have the htc_ime mod on my keyboard list? it just bugs me how it checks the android keyboard too lol