htc im hi force closing issues?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by tktouch12, May 19, 2010.

1. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

i've been flashing around, and i'm currently trying bugless beast (newest version) its pretty nice. i then applied the nextheme from his thread. i then found a rom called nexbeast. its buglessbeast with the nex theme and maybe a little other custom things. i didnt want to flash the whole rom (but i will if it gets down to it), but i saw it has the htc keyboard hi res themed. i really wanted this, so i copied the apks, and put them in my system apps. whenever i try to use it i get force closes. i tried chmod'ing, but i didnt know what to go to, so i tried 644, it still force closes.

is there a way to fix this? what should i try? everything else is working great, and i really want this. i'm not completely dumb when it comes to my droid either. i might just flash the nexbeast, but i'd rather just get this working.
    thanks
  2. Rouge

Rouge New Member

Non HTC phones need this second apk installed for it to work right. Just remove the .zip and install with astro.
  3. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

ya, i forgot to say, i have that installed too. it still force closes. i dont know what else to try.
    any ideas?
  4. nphil

nphil New Member

Delete the apk from /system/app. Copy the apk to your sdcard first and then use root explorer or adb to copy the file back to /system/app/

I have no idea why it force closes if done any other way. Also remember to chmod and reboot after copying from /sdcard to /system/app/
Search tags for this page

htc/im