1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

HTC Flyer's Ridiculous Pricing Revealed at Amazon.de - 669 Euros = Over $900 Bucks!

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Feb 17, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Yesterday, we reported that HTC won "Device Manufacturer of The Year," and it is well deserved. They consistently have higher build-quality and more advanced smartphones than most of their competition. It would seem that everyone is entitled to "slip-up" now and again, and HTC is not excluded.

HTC is about to release a weak product with a ridiculous price-tag. If you thought the Motorola Xoom seemed pricey, you'll gag at this one. Amazon.de (a European arm of Amazon in case you didn't know) revealed the price of HTC's new Flyer tablet, and it's going for 669 Euros. As of the exchange market today, that coverts to almost $910 dollars! We reported the lackluster specs of this non-Honeycomb, non-dual core Tablet previously, and it still doesn't compare to the Xoom, or even the Toshiba Tablet.

I'm scratching my head on this one. Let's hope HTC realizes how insane this pricing is, and reconfigures their marketing and pricing strategy. I'm confident they can do for the Android Tablet market what they have done for the Android smartphone market. They just really need to 'get serious'. (Just for the sake of CYA, I suppose it's possible that this is a misprint. - Let's hope so.) What do you guys think?

Source: AndroidTablets.net via AndroidPolice and Amazon.de
  2. DanDroidX

DanDroidX New Member

That's more than the ridiculously overpriced XOOM. Obsurb. Im waiting for the 10.1 Galaxy tab II pricing, personally.
  3. Detonation

Detonation New Member

Are we sure this isn't the same situation like the Xoom on Best Buy's site for $1200?
  4. RyanPm40

RyanPm40 Member

I'm sure that isn't going to be the real price of it, people go crazy way too easily over this stuff xD
  5. funwheeldrive

funwheeldrive New Member

Whoa, are you telling me that things are more expensive in Europe? When did this happen?
  6. GrillMouster

GrillMouster New Member

Consumer electronics are typically priced much higher in Europe than they are in the US. Expect the US price to be lower $900 USD.
  7. vernontwg

vernontwg New Member

that includes VAT, we dont' have duties here