HTC Flashlight App

microi

Reaction score
I lifted the 'Flashlight' apk and obex from my wife's Droid Incredible hoping to discover some way to port it to my Droid. Have been unsuccessful to date.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I might get this app working?

Thanks in advance.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
You may not be able to get it work due to hardware differences. There is a Droid flashlight app in the market if that is all you want.

OP
microi

microi

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I actually wanted that specific app; it's pretty cool (the UI/and function...3 levels of brightness). I already have a flashlight app so I'm cool.

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I actually wanted that specific app; it's pretty cool (the UI/and function...3 levels of brightness). I already have a flashlight app so I'm cool.

The method of interfacing with the LED is different. HTC devices have an interface that allows you to change the brightness.

Droid has two interfaces (and they are different brightnesses, compare TeslaLED to Droid Light on a Droid 1 running Froyo and you'll see they behave differently). But it's slower to switch between them and more complicated. And incompatible with HTC's method.

Plus HTC programs tend to require parts of the sense framework.

Sonnyboy

Reaction score
Droid Flashlight

I have run into this problem, I have the Droid Flashlight and it puts a flashlight on the screen and used the flash's bulbs to light up and in three brightness of light. It is so bright. Now I have friends that have the Droid 2 and they want the app. I cannot find it anywhere. It is an HTC Flashlight. It just disappeared from all apps stores. Anyone know where it can be found?.

Sonnyboy