HTC Explorer Revealed In Official Press Shots

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
HTC-Explorer-Pico-550x408.jpg

In effort to please all customers regardless of how much money is in their wallet, HTC will be adding another device into their “budget” lineup of Android devices. This time with the HTC Explorer. The device was originally code named the Pico but like all good phones before they’re released, found a last minute name-change. The specs are adequate for anyone looking to get out of their current feature phone thanks to a 600MHz processor more than capable of pushing the devices 480×320 pixels on a 3.2-inch display. The Explorer will also feature 512MB of internal memory and 384MB of RAM, 5MP camera on the rear and Android 2.3 with Sense 3.5.

Design-wise the Explorer seems to follow more design cues from the Incredible 2 than its Wildfire S cousin. We’re going to have to wait and see if this device will be announced tomorrow during HTC’s NYC event although I’m crossing my fingers for deets on the Incredible HD.

SOUORCE: HTC Explorer (Pico): First Press Shots

ExodusC

Reaction score
At those specs, it should go for free with anyone signing a 2-year contract with a data plan (in countries with subsidized phones). There's nothing special about it at all, and it's pretty low spec for a modern phone. In the US, you might as well pay $200 to get a high end phone, if you're going to pay over a thousand dollars for your 2-year contract...

combatmedic870

Reaction score
At those specs, it should go for free with anyone signing a 2-year contract with a data plan (in countries with subsidized phones). There's nothing special about it at all, and it's pretty low spec for a modern phone. In the US, you might as well pay $200 to get a high end phone, if you're going to pay over a thousand dollars for your 2-year contract...

I agree, my droid 2 has better specs!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

ExodusC

Reaction score
I agree, my droid 2 has better specs!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
The OG Droid has better specs. The processor might be a newer generation, but why 480x320 resolution Android devices still exist boggles me...

y0manda

Reaction score
If you buy a carrying case, Verizon will throw in the phone for free.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk