HTC EVO4G Battery Life

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Hey guys I was just hanging out with my friend who bought an HTC EVO4G and previously he had a Nexus one and before that he had a Motorola Droid.

He stated that once he went from the Motorola Droid to the Nexus One that the Battery life was not as good, felt like it was definitely a little bit shorter.

Now he went to the HTC EVO4G and again he said that the Battery life is horrible. We both had Palm Pre's not sure if anyone is familiar with those phones, but the battery life on that phone was the worse I have ever experienced. Literally 3 hrs of display in use and the phone is dead.

Anyhow he compared it to the Palm pre. Has anyone else have any input as to their experience with the Battery life on the EVO4G? I thought of going back to sprint because of the cheaper plan and EVO4G. I wasn't 100% convinced yet, because I would have to pay a termination fee with Verizon and did not want to pay that and also Verizon service is by far better then Sprints according to my experience.

After finding out about the battery issue and what he compared it too, it made me 100% decide not to get it. So i thought about it and decided I will wait a few months for a really really good phone to come out on the Verizon network. Something 1.2ghz+ and some HDMI output ofcourse and HD recording.

I'm currently running the Froyo 2.2 and I know it's just a leaked rom version and a little buggy at this point, but better then stock it's worth it for me and i have it clocked to 1.1 ghz. So i figure I can wait until I upgrade my phone, because this Motorola Droid is running great for me.

I hope newer phones don't have battery issues, hope they last as long as the Motorola Droid does.

iPirate

Reaction score
Display typically takes 30-40% of my battery power, then you have the 1ghz snap dragon sucking the rest of the battery dry (for N1), it is obvious the battery life is going to suck.

It is one of the many good things about the Droid, it can last a day with decent amount of usage

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Display typically takes 30-40% of my battery power, then you have the 1ghz snap dragon sucking the rest of the battery dry (for N1), it is obvious the battery life is going to suck.

It is one of the many good things about the Droid, it can last a day with decent amount of usage

Yeah agreed makes sense. I wonder if SetCPU would help with the customization once the phone is rooted ofcourse. I have 1.1ghz, but have profiles setup and that might help my battery life a bit too.

Another thing i forgot to mention above that is a must for me in order to upgrade is I also want a phone with a display at least 4.3 like the HTC EVO4G. That screen size is a perfect size for a phone. Typing on it is much easier then the Motorola Droid while using the Virtual Keyboard, because of the keys are so large. I loved that part of it. I definitely want to get another DROID OS with Froyo 2.2 + and nice large screen some time in the future, but for now I'm satisfied with my Motorola Droid. :)

iPirate

Reaction score

Yeah agreed makes sense. I wonder if SetCPU would help with the customization once the phone is rooted ofcourse. I have 1.1ghz, but have profiles setup and that might help my battery life a bit too.

Another thing i forgot to mention above that is a must for me in order to upgrade is I also want a phone with a display at least 4.3 like the HTC EVO4G. That screen size is a perfect size for a phone. Typing on it is much easier then the Motorola Droid while using the Virtual Keyboard, because of the keys are so large. I loved that part of it. I definitely want to get another DROID OS with Froyo 2.2 + and nice large screen some time in the future, but for now I'm satisfied with my Motorola Droid. :)

Isn't one of the new droids coming out from motorola with a 4.3" screen?

that size seems really big to me, i'm not sure how it will fit in a pocket easily lol

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score

Isn't one of the new droids coming out from motorola with a 4.3" screen?

that size seems really big to me, i'm not sure how it will fit in a pocket easily lol

I'm not sure I think its the DROID X, but I don't think its 4.3 i think its 3.7 and all the other phones I think are rumors so far.

No believe me 4.3 is not super big, it actually feels really good in my hand and is very thin and fits in my pocket very well without bothering me. I actually tried that out to see how it would feel and it's not bad at all. Actually felt a bit more comfortable then my Droid, because the Droid is heavier and is also thicker. Anything bigger then 4.3 is think is just too much, but 4.3 is such a good size in my opinion.

rkeller62

Reaction score
Droid X has a 4.3" screen. It is a little taller and narrower than the EVO screen because the aspect ratio is different.

rkeller62

Reaction score
Here is a pic comparing:

Attachments

• ImageUploadByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadByTapatalk.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 180
OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score
I hope newer phones don't have battery issues, hope they last as long as the Motorola Droid does.

Dream on. As processors get faster and screens get bigger and brighter, battery life decreases. There are no free lunches in physics.

Agreed, but if it's thin enough and i get a thicker battery like a Seidio and gets as thick as the Motorola Droid I'd settle for it :) hehehe

rkeller62

Reaction score

Dream on. As processors get faster and screens get bigger and brighter, battery life decreases. There are no free lunches in physics.

True, but the 45 nm architecture of the processor in the Droid X is more efficient and should lose less energy to heat.

dwagner88

Reaction score

True, but the 45 nm architecture of the processor in the Droid X is more efficient and should lose less energy to heat.

Lol. The slight increase in efficiency that this provides is nowhere near enough to counter the drain of that enormous screen. I hope it has a bigger battery than the droid.