1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

HTC Evo 4G for Sprint

Discussion in 'Android Smart Phones' started by erasmussen14, Apr 15, 2010.

1. erasmussen14

erasmussen14 New Member

Anyone else excited about this monster of a phone?

I love my Droid, recently more than ever since I started getting better with Swype. But for a phone with specs like the Evo and for it to be running on 4G, I may end up switching carriers...

E
  2. armeddroid

armeddroid New Member

i am..but Sprint sucks where i am at now. Waiting for VZ to answer the Evo 4G.
  3. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

Great phone but ditto for Sprint service or for that matter lack of service in my area. Personally the first half of 2011 will, in my opinion, start the smartphone wars. New technologies are being brought to bear by nVidia with the Tegra2, TI with the OMAP 4440/4340 and the Snapdragon successor. These are all going to be based on Cortex A9 cores and will most likely be of dual core design or higher clocked single core. Paired up to these new SoCs will be larger displays 4.3" like the EVO which in turn makes for more space for a battery. All in all it is a very exciting time for the smartphone market. Expect to see incredible innovation and price wars similar to the PC boom of a few years ago in the coming months.
  4. taypotts

taypotts New Member

And 4g is not in all places so def check that... sprint service is weak overall
  5. nyijedi

nyijedi New Member

Add me to the list of people switching to Sprint for the EVO 4G. I love my Droid, but the EVO is just too much for me to resist. That screen is a monster...add HDMI output, 720p recording, and the processor/RAM/ROM upgrades, and I'm sold on it. The 4G doesn't even matter to me - it's the phone itself I want.
  6. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER New Member

I was under the impression that phone was 4G and 3G capable... So I would think you would be good to go in most places...
  7. danDroid

danDroid Administrator Staff Member

For those interested in Sprint Android Phones, be sure to visit the newest addition to the Droid network: Sprint Android Forum