HTC Event with Beats Audio in NYC Nov 3!

patriot95

Reaction score
I'm hoping they announce something unknown about the device. I was looking forward to this for a long time but the Nexus has really taken the attention. Hopefully HTC does something brilliant, although I can't see them topping the Nexus at this point.

At one point from one of the renders it looked like they were going button-less (perhaps they could have built soft keys into Sense similar to what Archos did on their older tablets). I know this isn't the case anymore, but with ICS right around the corner it might be the only thing that could swing me back to the Vigor. Button-less and a 4.5" screen (which were once both rumors) would have had me leaning toward HTC because I like their builds over Samsung.

I'm hoping for a little :icon_eek: from the presentation, but I'm not expecting it.

OP
Ninjak

Ninjak

Reaction score
One thing about this phone that noone ever seems to mention is that, whenever the hell it gets ICS, it'd have a full 720p resolution screen in addition to the soft buttons. As opposed to the Nexus whose buttons will be taking up screen space when not playing videos or in camera mode. Mind you, if it takes 7 months for it to get ICS, then I'm sure several other phones will have beat it to the punch by then...

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I'm hoping they announce something unknown about the device. I was looking forward to this for a long time but the Nexus has really taken the attention. Hopefully HTC does something brilliant, although I can't see them topping the Nexus at this point.

At one point from one of the renders it looked like they were going button-less (perhaps they could have built soft keys into Sense similar to what Archos did on their older tablets). I know this isn't the case anymore, but with ICS right around the corner it might be the only thing that could swing me back to the Vigor. Button-less and a 4.5" screen (which were once both rumors) would have had me leaning toward HTC because I like their builds over Samsung.

I'm hoping for a little :icon_eek: from the presentation, but I'm not expecting it.

agreed. im hoping for something good.

patriot95

Reaction score
One thing about this phone that noone ever seems to mention is that, whenever the hell it gets ICS, it'd have a full 720p resolution screen in addition to the soft buttons. As opposed to the Nexus whose buttons will be taking up screen space when not playing videos or in camera mode. Mind you, if it takes 7 months for it to get ICS, then I'm sure several other phones will have beat it to the punch by then...

I'm confused. Are you saying the Nexus has a smaller screen because of soft buttons? The Vigor has a smaller screen. It'd be smaller even without the soft buttons.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

OP
Ninjak

Ninjak

Reaction score
I'm confused. Are you saying the Nexus has a smaller screen because of soft buttons? The Vigor has a smaller screen. It'd be smaller even without the soft buttons.

Regardless of the differences in the devices' physical screen sizes (4.3" for the Rezound, 4.65" for the Nexus), both share the same max 1280x720 resolution. However, on the Nexus, some of that screen real estate is lost because of the virtual soft keys. You only ever get to really fully enjoy its full resolution when the buttons hide during video or camera use. But the Rezound's keys are separate from its screen, meaning, since there are no keys to hide, you always get to enjoy its full resolution even when you're not in video mode. For example, if you install a 1280x720 wallpaper on the Rezound, you'll see the entire thing all the time. On the Nexus, it may be cut off by the virtual keys or obscured by them.

patriot95

Reaction score
Regardless of the differences in the devices' physical screen sizes (4.3" for the Rezound, 4.65" for the Nexus), both share the same max 1280x720 resolution. However, on the Nexus, some of that screen real estate is lost because of the virtual soft keys. You only ever get to really fully enjoy its full resolution when the buttons hide during video or camera use. But the Rezound's keys are separate from its screen, meaning, since there are no keys to hide, you always get to enjoy its full resolution even when you're not in video mode. For example, if you install a 1280x720 wallpaper on the Rezound, you'll see the entire thing all the time. On the Nexus, it may be cut off by the virtual keys or obscured by them.

I get what you're saying. That's true if the Vigor hides its buttons when it gets ICS. I would have to see it done. I don't care about resolution for real estate reasons... only for video/image quality.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

IXIKelsonIXI

Reaction score
There will absolutely be no software keys integrated into devices that already have hardware keys. It would be redundant, confusing, and would look awful. When the Vigor gets ICS, in whatever form it does, software keys will not be a feature. Google knew that not all devices would go buttonless, and considered that when coding the new operating system.

There is already a port of ICS for the Nexus S, no software keys present.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

patriot95

Reaction score
There will absolutely be no software keys integrated into devices that already have hardware keys. It would be redundant, confusing, and would look awful. When the Vigor gets ICS, in whatever form it does, software keys will not be a feature. Google knew that not all devices would go buttonless, and considered that when coding the new operating system.

There is already a port of ICS for the Nexus S, no software keys present.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

That's what i assumed. But even without it's still a smaller screen. Unless you're pressed on the bottom part of your wallpaper... I don't see a difference.