1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

HTC Email App Doesn't Work

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by hoboX10, Jan 27, 2012.

1. hoboX10

hoboX10 New Member

I've had this problem since I first got the phone. I cannot add a gmail account to HTC's mail app. It says I am not putting the password in correctly when I KNOW I am.

I was hoping today's OTA update would fix it, but it did not. :frown:

I had looked up info about the problem and a lot of people said to simply enable IMAP on gmail. I have enabled it and it still does not work.
  2. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator Premium Member

Why would you want to use Gmail in the stock email app? That thing is horrible. GMail works best in GMail. If you're set in using it in the stock mail app, make sure you have the server settings right(if you're adding the account manually) If you're doing it during setup it will automatically set you up using IMAP.
  3. hoboX10

hoboX10 New Member

Well the reason is kind of stupid, but I want a number to show up on the App Icon like it does for Text Messages so I can easily see if I have unread emails. I thought HTC's Email app did it. Also, I tried adding the account manually and it still had the same problem (said the password was incorrect). I tried different connection settings that lots of people online said worked for them.

Oh well.
Search tags for this page
cannot add email account to htc rezound
email wont work on android htc
htc mail app doesn't work

htc mail app not working

htc mail does not work
htc mail problem
htc mail problems
htc one app email links wont work
htc rezound mail app doesn't work
htc rezound mail doesn't work