HTC drops the sue bomb on Apple

XMasterMoronX

Reaction score
Man, IF they win I would run around my school and bash everyone Ipod/Iphones. My friends Iphone is on the way out after 18 months......... so we plan to drill a hole in it and use it as a pinata :D

But if they win verizon should re-release the original droid commercial and add "I don't get sold in the U.S. anymore"

XMasterMoronX

Reaction score
Man, IF they win I would run around my school and bash everyone Ipod/Iphones. My friends Iphone is on the way out after 18 months......... so we plan to drill a hole in it and use it as a pinata :D

But if they win verizon should re-release the original droid commercial and add "I don't get sold in the U.S. anymore"

well i can't edit so...

That commercial still sends a chill down my spine... A CHILL OF TOTAL OWNAGE

EmmVeePee

Reaction score
Why are people so proud of a device they own? You really didn't do anything special... I don't see why you would cherish this.

Also, I don't know why people are supporting HTC without knowing the details of the suit. Maybe Apple did nothing wrong and HTC is just looking for publicity? I don't see how people can blindly support this.

Also, why does everyone compare Android to iPhone OS? I'm sick of hearing people use the iPhone as some sort of benchmark while degrading it. Its obviously a very good device if you constantly compare everything else to it.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Like ppl are proud of their fav sports team.....same thing applies here. At least with this you actually have it in your possession.

Last time I checked Apple started this by coming after HTC. HTC just showed they had guts and came right back at Apple.

Well I think most ppl compare these 2 cuz this is the latest "iPhone killer". It happens with any "iPhone killer". The funny thing this time the iPhone has real competition.

EmmVeePee

Reaction score
Like ppl are proud of their fav sports team.....same thing applies here. At least with this you actually have it in your possession.

Last time I checked Apple started this by coming after HTC. HTC just showed they had guts and came right back at Apple.

Well I think most ppl compare these 2 cuz this is the latest "iPhone killer". It happens with any "iPhone killer". The funny thing this time the iPhone has real competition.

Not really though, but regardless, you look like an immature jackass either way.

I don't really care about who started it. In fact, that probably makes it worse, since Apple probably had a legitimate suit and HTC just wants to save face.

Right, but comparing it to another device causes severe limitations in creativity. One of the reasons why the iPhone is so successful is because it was so innovative, while new phones still struggle to catch up. LG and Blackberry still don't have viable competition for the iPhone. So you really need to look at it objectively; do you want a device that can do everything the iPhone can? Or do you want something that can do more? By holding the iPhone as the standard all you are doing it coercing companies into mimicking the features found on that device, rather than original innovations.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im a jackass for answering your questions.....LOL!!

Oh, so since Apple stated it they have a real reason and HTC doesnt? ok.....

How does comparing ANYTHING cause severe limitations? U even answered it with this:

One of the reasons why the iPhone is so successful is because it was so innovative,

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
As a matter of fact , u look like the jackass for getting offended. I didnt even come at you like that dude.....just pointing out ppl do this with their fav teams too. You dont have a fav sport team?

Since the iPhone is so innovative, other phones SHOULD strive to be better. Thats the whole point. Strive to be the best.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
As a matter of fact , u look like the jackass for getting offended. I didnt even come at you like that dude.....just pointing out ppl do this with their fav teams too. You dont have a fav sport team?

Since the iPhone is so innovative, other phones SHOULD strive to be better. Thats the whole point. Strive to be the best.
I don't think he was personally calling you a jackass, I think he was saying that hard sports fans/hard phone fans actions make them look like jackasses? It was the wording that made it sound like he was flat our calling you one, but I don't think ut was intended? (at least I hope lol)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well if it was a general statement then I humbly apologize. It seemed like it was directed at me.

I'm thinking, what in the world did I do to this guy lol Like when I said, "last time I checked" I literally meant 'last time I checked'. I checked right after he posted. lol

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well if it was a general statement then I humbly apologize. It seemed like it was directed at me.

I'm thinking, what in the world did I do to this guy lol Like when I said, "last time I checked" I literally meant 'last time I checked'. I checked right after he posted. lol
Haha lol at first I was like "oh snap" then I read it again and was like "o oooh...never mind, I get it" lol.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Big Cam

Reaction score

Your friends not very bright, he shoulsd sell it.

Technoman

Reaction score

Not really though, but regardless, you look like an immature jackass either way.

I don't really care about who started it. In fact, that probably makes it worse, since Apple probably had a legitimate suit and HTC just wants to save face.

Right, but comparing it to another device causes severe limitations in creativity. One of the reasons why the iPhone is so successful is because it was so innovative, while new phones still struggle to catch up. LG and Blackberry still don't have viable competition for the iPhone. So you really need to look at it objectively; do you want a device that can do everything the iPhone can? Or do you want something that can do more? By holding the iPhone as the standard all you are doing it coercing companies into mimicking the features found on that device, rather than original innovations.

Just my opinion, but EmmVeePee you need to find another place to go if people bashing Apple offends you. This after all is a forum for the Motorola Droid, and other Android based phones. Not too many here are going to support Apple, and likely there will be quite a few that despise Apple.

Your comment "I don't really care about who started it. In fact, that probably makes it worse, since Apple probably had a legitimate suit and HTC just wants to save face" leads me to believe that you are another Apple Fanboy.

Why would you assume that Apple and Steve Jobs has any legitimacy with the suit it filed, and HTC doesn't? My belief is that Apple is attempting to "Strong Arm" HTC, and HTC is responding in kind.

Both may have some legitimate aspects to each filing, along with some legal "fluff" to make the suit seem bigger than it really is.

The problem is that Apple can't stand real competition, and they have some now. Their answer was to file a law suit!

Coming here and calling people jackasses (directly or indirectly) should get you a nice ban warning IMO. No one attacked you in any way in this thread, until you attacked.