HTC drops the sue bomb on Apple

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
apple-vs-htc1.png

Today HTC has filed a complaint with the United States International Trade Commission against Apple requesting to halt the importation and sale of the iPhone, iPad and iPhod here in the US.

"As the innovator of the original Windows Mobile PocketPC Phone Edition in 2002 and the first Android smartphone in 2008, HTC believes the industry should be driven by healthy competition and innovation that offer consumers the best, most accessible mobile experiences possible," said Jason Mackenzie, vice president of North America, HTC Corporation. "We are taking this action against Apple to protect our intellectual property, our industry partners, and most importantly our customers that use HTC phones."

Apple made noise last month when it first filed papers against HTC suing for infringement of over 20 patents.

Source: HTC Press Release

Darkseider

Reaction score
You bum! You beat me to it! :) I hope that HTC kicks some Apple ass. It's about time someone punched the bully in the nose. Between HTC and Nokia having filed suit against Apple, Apple is going to have a whole lot of explaining, weaseling, palm greasing, etc... to do to try and get out of both of them unscathed.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
:icon_ devil::popcorn::icon_ peace::icon_censored::icon_twisted:

brando56894

Reaction score
Awesome, I love it when companies do this to huge mega-corporations who thing they can get away with anything.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Hate to say it but HTC will get squrshed like Roy D. Mercer's son's pet hamster, Liberace. (Haven't heard that? - Google it, funny stuff!!)

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
haha, I'm on a roll today :) I agree though, it's time the little guy fights back.

You bum! You beat me to it! :) I hope that HTC kicks some Apple ass. It's about time someone punched the bully in the nose. Between HTC and Nokia having filed suit against Apple, Apple is going to have a whole lot of explaining, weaseling, palm greasing, etc... to do to try and get out of both of them unscathed.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Awesome, I love it when companies do this to huge mega-corporations who thing they can get away with anything.

Lets not act like HTC is some mom and pops joint. HTC is a mega company as well. Now I am glad they are fighting back since apple started the whole thing.

JCo352

Reaction score
Hate to say it but HTC will get squrshed like Roy D. Mercer's son's pet hamster, Liberace. (Haven't heard that? - Google it, funny stuff!!)

HTC is not as young as everyone thinks, they have backing too.

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure the lawyers will be the only winners though :(

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm sure the lawyers will be the only winners though :(

Untrue, I am expecting my HTC win complementary prize and t-shirt in the mail. :icon_ devil:......now to help pay the lawyers for the lawsuit expect HTC phones prize to go up 15%.

Vitticeps

Reaction score

HTC is no pushover. They are a multi-billion dollar operation. Sure Apple is about 10 times bigger but that doesn't mean their attorneys are 10 times better.

bluedust

Reaction score
Granted I only read the topic, but exactly did Apple do?

The preview makes it sound like they're being sued for existing.

Beardface

Reaction score
Granted I only read the topic, but exactly did Apple do?

The preview makes it sound like they're being sued for existing.
The press release states its for 5 counts of Patent Infringement.

What, exactly, those patents are isn't explained in the press release itself. I can't find the actual legal complaint, but I'm sure someone else will in due time