HTC Droid

OP
M

miuaiga

Reaction score
Droid Incredible

After last OS upgrade, Incredible has starting going into the bootup menu. While I was traveling in France recently, it did a hard reboot, all by itself, making the phone useless even for Wi-Fi or photos. I worked, via email, with the HTC folks but none of their remedies allowed me to use the phone's other features. Had to go through a complete reset of the phone when I returned to USA.

Now the darn thing has done a hard reset again. Seems to happen when the battery needs recharged and I don't see that message quickly enough to plug it in. Anyone else having the problem? Any solutions if you are? I have been very disappointed in this phone from Day 1 and it keeps confirming by original opinion, but I'm trying hard to find something positive about it since I have to live with it for two years.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
After last OS upgrade, Incredible has starting going into the bootup menu. While I was traveling in France recently, it did a hard reboot, all by itself, making the phone useless even for Wi-Fi or photos. I worked, via email, with the HTC folks but none of their remedies allowed me to use the phone's other features. Had to go through a complete reset of the phone when I returned to USA.

Now the darn thing has done a hard reset again. Seems to happen when the battery needs recharged and I don't see that message quickly enough to plug it in. Anyone else having the problem? Any solutions if you are? I have been very disappointed in this phone from Day 1 and it keeps confirming by original opinion, but I'm trying hard to find something positive about it since I have to live with it for two years.

I don't have the Incredible but follow the link I gave. Have you ever replaced it?

OP
M

miuaiga

Reaction score
I have not replaced it and it's probably too late to do that now. I have posted on the Droid Incredible Forum. Thanks for your help.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I have not replaced it and it's probably too late to do that now. I have posted on the Droid Incredible Forum. Thanks for your help.

I'm sure you'll find answers there, but there is no time limit on replacing a faulty unit. As long as you didn't do anything to cause your issue Verizon will not have a problem giving you a new one.

Good luck.