HTC Droid Incredible Retires? Incredible HD Taking Over?

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    It's alright.

We just want everyone to be polite and have the option to post in an open thread instead of having to close this one down too due to it getting chippy.

This thread isn't bad, but we had issues in the other thread last night, and we're not gonna let this one follow suit.

2. Martin030908

Ratings:
    +0
    for those who didn't see it... this is Miami's post from the thread that was closed down.
    When he's got info, he'll post. Other than that stop asking please.

ok....well I sxee a lot going on here tonight....

first I wont see or speak to VZW untilt the AM at 10:30 so I don't have much new to add...

So today I did call VZW myself just a custoimer....

I got there is a "iconic device going on pre-order on Friday in the AM" from the 1-800-922-0204....

So then I called and asked about the ew tablets coming tomorrow....

Then I went back to work.... I hope to have the rest of my info here tomorrow for you guys and exact amounts....

As far as the info...I did get 2 calls and saw the tweet... it' seems that it's not taking very long to reach me right now....so that's it...

If you wanted more.. sorry..if you think about it wait until tomorrow...meanwhile I am going to close this one down untiul then so it's not spinning out of control tonight since I know i wont be in very much to answer a ton of questions...

thanks

Miami

3. wmnomore

wmnomore Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ^Me either. I think we are all a little hypersensitive with all the tossing and turning on this roller coaster ride. I'd like to get off now.

Anyways, how's everyone else holding up? Can we get a chat going today if any news pops up? Matt, you there?

4. Martin030908

Ratings:
    +0
    I want this thread to stay open so people have a place to discuss this until more info is given... just keep it respectable so I can accommodate everyone :)

5. Neutrino

Neutrino Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree. Keeping my fingers crossed for good luck!

6. crimton

crimton Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm at about 50/50 this will be up for pre order tomorrow

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

7. caasheew

caasheew New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hello all

Hello everyone. I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to register here. I was following the previous two threads and from what i gather this will be the phone that gets me to switch from my droid 1. The screen size seems like just what my large thumbs need. :)

8. Vanilla Ice

Vanilla Ice Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks! haha. People, jkhonea is the last person you want to get mad. so lets chill out a bit.... Oh, so i called verizon and they told me the Droid pro will start shipping on the 19th. So thats 10 days after pre-orders! Miami told us first that the dinc hd will be in stores on the 23rd. thats 11 days after pre-orders starting tomorrow. any one catch my drift? tomorrows the big day!

9. StupidGenius

StupidGenius Active Member

Ratings:
    +51
    Welcome!!!

I can't wait until there's a forum section dedicated to this phone. Hopefully soon.

10. MeganLeigh1122

Ratings:
    +0
    i approve of the way you think :)

11. adjangs

adjangs Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To speculate on what Big Red's strategy may be for the moment:

What are the biggest ways Big Red can sway customers one way or the other? It can tweak plans, and release new phones in the face of competition. New phones are being released (D2G, D-pro) and plans are being tweaked ($15 data...) What's the competition? Well W7P is the newest addition, and it's flopping for now.
    Neowin.net - Report: Windows Phone 7 sales underwhelm

VZW has a vested interest in the Windows 7 phones flopping--at least for the moment--because the VZW CEO said it's not "innovative" so they won't be carrying W7P until 2011 Verizon CEO: Windows Phone 7 isn't an innovative, leading edge product ? Cell Phones & Mobile Device Technology News & Updates | Geek.com So, perhaps VZW feels it has no further need to release new products for the moment. It can then save these two HTC devices in its back pocket for awhile until it needs another push against the competition, at the same time sweetening these two strategy pieces up with LTE.

There's also the idea that without LTE, the incredible HD appeals to DF users, but with LTE, it appeals to a much broader market.

Of course the incredible HD may not be delayed (I hope), or it may be simply manufacturing snafus, or...

Thoughts?

12. wmnomore

wmnomore Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Vzw will spin it the way they want. Watch some of the videos of WP7 and go back to your android and tell me WP7 isn't innovative. I love android and hope they continue to improve, but WP7 is a little sexy if you ask me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

adr6300vw sim card

adr6300vw3

adr6300vw3 sim card
adr6330vw sim card
htc incredible adr6300vw3 sim slot
reboot htc model adr6300vw3
tether . com legit
what batteries work for droid incredible htc adr6300vw3
when was htc droid incredible adr6300vw3 released?
where is the sim card in a verison android adr6300vw phone