HTC Droid Incredible Retires? Incredible HD Taking Over?

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squintter

squintter New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Luckily for me I have four lines and have an upgrade about every 6 months. Next upgrade date 11-14-2010!!!!!!!

2. chuk1005

chuk1005 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Some of you may be happy about what V3RDICT just posted on twitter....the saga continues....lol

3. Neutrino

Neutrino Member

Ratings:
    +0
    (tongue sticking out). My upgrade is today!

4. chuk1005

chuk1005 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Buts its still up to interpretation.....take it how u may

5. Freezetron

Freezetron Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've never even heard of HTC until like two weeks ago when I started actually looking into smart phones, who and what is it exactly?

6. Vanilla Ice

Vanilla Ice Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Come on guys. Verizon has said it already. By 2013 96% of the nation will have LTE service. So we will have 3g till at least 2015... Now about the dinc hd being 3g/lte. Why would Verizon hold off till about march to release the dinc hd. thats 3 months from now? thats bad business. 3g dinc hd this month and lte dinc hd march 2011. it just seems right. and the dude that tweeted everyone with the rumor has also told people that HTC will have an lte phone for jan, feb, mar and april. but Verizon says no lte phones till March? hmmm.

7. bug_monster

bug_monster Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1xRTT won't be going away for a while. There's a lot more devices using it than just phones. The company I work for has tens of thousands of devices still on 1x that will never be upgraded to 3G. They send small amounts of data, but VZW makes good money off those devices. We have even more devices on 3G that will be around for a long time too.

All phones have to have technology to fall back on for emergency calls, so 4G (and probably 5G) phones will have 1x.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

8. Jas O

Jas O Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For some of us dino's who don't twitter what did it say? Providing its postable.

9. Jas O

Jas O Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess that would be "tweet" huh??

10. chuk1005

chuk1005 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah "assumed" DincHD specs will be outdated by then with the tegra 2 phones coming out....they will only be hurting themselves be releasing it then.

11. chuk1005

chuk1005 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This can be taken different ways but he said:

"So @NathanHTC fed me some bogus info about the Inc HD. Fun times. #android #HTC"

im not sure if hes referring to 3G vs LTE or the release time period.

12. sb1831

sb1831 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    We can't bring in one aspect business and marketing if we're going to ignore the rest. Making 2 versions of this phone makes no sense for multiple reasons and it's quite easy to see why people doubt there will be 2 versions of it that actually go into production REGARDLESS if people have had two versions in their hands.

Since you brought up consumer markets we'll roll their first. How many people go to see Freddy 12 Jason 32, Saw 17 etc? Not nearly as many as went to see the first. However how many people go to see James Bond films time and time again(with the most recent being an aberration of the others;less gadgets less sales)? This is because of their individual names. From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Tomorrow Never Dies, Quantum of Solace, etc. How many people would be getting ready to go see Harry Potter 7 right now? Thats in movies where individuals go for a one time experience.

This is a product a user will carry daily on a subscription based service. If there is going to be an LTE version of this in March or April, you're giving an unannounced device 4 months to go through the entire product life cycle of introduction, growth, maturation, and and decline. In 1/2 the stages of the product the profit is either next to nothing or returning to that figure.

They're then forced to spend more money on marketing to rush that product through the life cycle, which may or may not work. This risks the loss of brand equity which they built with the originial Droid Incredible, and then you're faced with the possibility of two products with the same name (HTC Incredible HD) sitting on your shelves BOTH not selling because of lost name value because they rushed one product to market just to get it out.

Given this time frame, it's quite easy for people with a bit of business knowledge to see why 2 versions of this phone simply doesn't make sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

adr6300vw sim card

adr6300vw3

adr6300vw3 sim card
adr6330vw sim card
htc incredible adr6300vw3 sim slot
reboot htc model adr6300vw3
tether . com legit
what batteries work for droid incredible htc adr6300vw3
when was htc droid incredible adr6300vw3 released?
where is the sim card in a verison android adr6300vw phone