HTC Droid Incredible Retires? Incredible HD Taking Over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squintter

Reaction score
Sprint has 4g and the last time I checked they are still selling 3g phones.

chuk1005

Reaction score
My question is why would they make 2 phone a 3G and a LTE phone. Good Business sense would be to make 1 that is LTE ready and not 3G. Why make a phone that would is 3G that would be behind in 1 month when LTE comes out.. I would rather get the LTE version of the phone then 3G...

Well moto made a droid2 and a droid 2 global...and a r2d2 if you want to count that one.....when they could have just made the global from the jump, I think they are hoping people will spend money on the 3g then the lte when it comes out.

timbotx

Reaction score
I don't, well I might but the only thing that speeds up my connection where I live is which direction the wind is blowing

Jas O

Reaction score
My question is why would they make 2 phone a 3G and a LTE phone. Good Business sense would be to make 1 that is LTE ready and not 3G. Why make a phone that would is 3G that would be behind in 1 month when LTE comes out.. I would rather get the LTE version of the phone then 3G...

Because of a little thing called consumer markets. Did you know it costs people extra for LTE so everyone isn't going to spring for a LTE device. I surely wont since I'm not paying extra money for a plan that doesnt include my area code.

As much as I would like to say I have a 4g phone, I don't really see my need for it. Webpages load plenty fast. e-mails come and go. The only this is how it would work with tethering but that still works pretty good.

Again I'll take 4g in a heart beat if I don't have to pay more. I don't see how I really need it now. I just spent 30 minutes on phone with CS this am getting the data promotion saving me $80 per month in data charges 4 lines x $20 discount.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Because of a little thing called consumer markets. Did you know it costs people extra for LTE so everyone isn't going to spring for a LTE device. I surely wont since I'm not paying extra money for a plan that doesnt include my area code.
From what I understand LTE devices on VZW will have an LTE Sim so it will be an option and the device will still work over 3G.

So the rumor of it being 3G/LTE capable are certainly plausible

Last edited:

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

Neutrino

Reaction score
4G also means more revenue for VZW. With great powers come great responsibilities. In our case, less cash in our wallets.

timbotx

Reaction score
Obsolete like my 3G phone won't work anymore? In a year? I don't see how that can be when Sprints 4G still isn't here where I live.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

From what I understand LTE devices on VZW will have an LTE Sim so it will be an option and the device will still work over 3G.

So the rumor of it being 3G/LTE capable are certainly plausible

That is what I am talking about!!! Get a 4G phone with the option to pay for it or not... Just use the 3G service.

H412D

Reaction score

EXACTLY. Not everyone wants 4g.

Whether you want it or not sooner or later you will be forced to get it. 3G will be obsolete in a year or so...

There is absolutely NO WAY 3g will be obsolete within a year or so. Maybe a year after 5g (or whatever it will be called) comes out. But apparently LTE is just supported by a SIM card so it will be optional, allowing customers to stay on 3g.

harshd2000

Reaction score

Whether you want it or not sooner or later you will be forced to get it. 3G will be obsolete in a year or so...

RIIIGGGHHHHTTT. Thats why they still make 3G phones. Thats why LTE will take two years to fully employ. Thats why LTE phones will be completely free.

Detect my sarcasm, its not meant to be offensive.

a44kaliburll

Reaction score

RIIIGGGHHHHTTT. Thats why they still make 3G phones. Thats why LTE will take two years to fully employ. Thats why LTE phones will be completely free.

I agree..no way will 3g be obsolete in a year or so...3g will be around for a while.

squintter

Reaction score

I agree..no way will 3g be obsolete in a year or so...3g will be around for a while.

3g obsolete? 1x isn't obsolete after how many years of 3g

Status
Not open for further replies.