HTC Droid Incredible 2 shows up in Verizon's system

leonozug

Reaction score
All I know us it should definitely be cheaper than the Thunderbolt!! lol

I am waiting now for this to hopefully come out...I decided to pass on the Bolt. I don't need the 4G and worries about the battery life especially. The Inc 2 looks good in those YouTube videos!!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

tonyr0802

Reaction score

Lye

Reaction score
Here's what I want: a 4G Incredible 2 that is global. They owe me for all the thunderbolt BS.

Lye

Reaction score
Can I buy the UK incredible s and then use it for verizon in the us?

(I know it's a newbie question, but I am in fact a newbie)

Lye

Reaction score
I know I didn't even get my last question answered, but I was wondering if you guys think that the incredible will have mobile hotspots? Or do you think that'll be only for the highest end phones? Cool technology.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I know I didn't even get my last question answered, but I was wondering if you guys think that the incredible will have mobile hotspots? Or do you think that'll be only for the highest end phones? Cool technology.

I think about every phone has been (and likely will be) rooted. Fairly simple process and then you can use something like wireless tether for free.

Crazy thing is I can't imagine using 3G for mobile hotspots. The speed I get with wireless tether is painfully slow, good in a pinch but...

Lye

Reaction score

I think about every phone has been (and likely will be) rooted. Fairly simple process and then you can use something like wireless tether for free.

Crazy thing is I can't imagine using 3G for mobile hotspots. The speed I get with wireless tether is painfully slow, good in a pinch but...

I used to tether my iphone 3gs 3g internet and it was pretty good. I would hope to be able to hotspot 4g.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
It'll most likely have WiFi hotspot capabilities. Also, you can't use the UK Incredible S on Verizon; the radio is compatible.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I used to tether my iphone 3gs 3g internet and it was pretty good. I would hope to be able to hotspot 4g.

Average 3G speeds on AT&T are like 1.5-2X faster. And I, at least, average about 1/3 my normal 3G speeds (talking @ 250-300kbps) on wireless tether. Not sure, maybe I'm doing it wrong.

I haven't tried pdanet, so maybe the speeds are a little better on that. I'd give that a shot, because quite honestly I don't know how 3G (unless you're in an area with much better than average speeds) can really support multiple devices via hotspot.