HTC Droid Incredible 2 Gets Official Press Release; Coming April 28th for $200

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm seriously considering picking one of these up. Why? I need a global phone. Where I'm going to be internationally for sustained periods of time does not have LTE and will not have LTE for many years. The reviews of the Incredible S (which this is just the CDMA-capable version) have been stellar - great battery life, great screen quality, great camera quality, and great build quality. Battery life is of the utmost importance to me, as is a decent camera since I won't always have a dedicated camera with me when I'm out and about overseas. And the front facing camera is a plus for video chatting with the family back home.

There's definitely a market for this phone over the Thunderbolt.

kdanielson

Reaction score
I am right there in thinking that I might replace my TB with the INC2. Especially as I sit here looking at my 4G phone that has no network to connect to!!

Actually, I am really considering the INC2 because of it is global. I was dreading having to take a {shudder} Storm2 with me to Europe this year. Now, I can get an INC2 and have my droid and global as well. Since I don't live in a 4G area, I won't miss the LTE, and I will still keep Sense. I think I would be happy with the INC2.

kdanielson

Reaction score
Well, I went to the Verizon store to pick up an INC2 and guess what? While they have the phone in the store, they are not allowed to sell it! I asked why and neither of the salespeople knew why, they said there was no explanation that their system just said that they were not allowed to sell them. I guess that is becoming Verizon's way now. Between this snafu, the 4G network debacle and them having to push the launch date on the Charge, I am becoming quite skeptical of them.

gsdreams

Reaction score
VZW is probably still trying to sort out what happened with the LTE Network yesterday and is probably trying to slow new hardware on the network until they can get to cause and prevent it.

Besides that, the same delays occured when 3G devices came out and even other carriers have had delays on 4G and 3G+ phones or the other carriers have had a lot of issues on release.

And HSPA+ is 3G+ and not true 4G.
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

kdanielson

Reaction score
I can see why their 4G problems would delay the release of the Charge, but I don't see any reason why that problem should affect the release of the Inc2, since it is not 4G. In fact, it is almost salt in the wound when you are trying to buy an Inc2 just to get away from your 4G phone that is not working.

sb1831

Reaction score
I've got the INC2 up on the VZW website for sale 149.99 w 2 year contract

joemustang

Reaction score

WTF!, I just paid 200.00 at Verizon for this lol. damn it.

Well, I went to the Verizon store to pick up an INC2 and guess what? While they have the phone in the store, they are not allowed to sell it! I asked why and neither of the salespeople knew why, they said there was no explanation that their system just said that they were not allowed to sell them. I guess that is becoming Verizon's way now. Between this snafu, the 4G network debacle and them having to push the launch date on the Charge, I am becoming quite skeptical of them.

I picked mine up on the 28th.. Maybe they though the Charge AND incredible was going to be delayed when really it was only the charge.

uga81

Reaction score

The same thing happened to me and then they got a call a couple hours later and said they could sell it. They said because at the time when I went in (9:30) the stores on the West coast weren't open yet. I didn't really care, it was only 2 hours and now I have the Inc 2.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I'm having a devil of a time deciding. Found out I'm up for an upgrade and while I had sworn off the TB, I am seeing the rooting is going well and that is making tremendous advantages on battery life. And I know I would actually get 4G out here. Darn it, decisions, decisions. :D

BTW, I did look at the Inc2 and still like it, but I notice the rotating desktop and buttons apparently isn't enabled yet. Or it wasn't turned on with this phone. That was going to be a detail item I liked.

Still making up my mind.

sb1831

Reaction score

WTF!, I just paid 200.00 at Verizon for this lol. damn it.

I picked mine up on the 28th.. Maybe they though the Charge AND incredible was going to be delayed when really it was only the charge.

I think it's because of my employee discount but I'm not entirely sure.

JoeyJ

Reaction score
Got my inc2 friday night and really like it. This is my first smartphone though so I can't really compare it to anything. Played with it all night on friday until it went dead then let it charge in the morning so on saturday i played with it non stop for about 4 hours until it needed charged. Not sure how good that is but I really was using it the whole time just about.

One thing I just realized i thought was weird is that there is no notepad app already on here. I use my phone to jot stuff down a lot especially when there is no paper around so that would be helpful so I downloaded one from the market

joemustang

Reaction score
Got my inc2 friday night and really like it. This is my first smartphone though so I can't really compare it to anything. Played with it all night on friday until it went dead then let it charge in the morning so on saturday i played with it non stop for about 4 hours until it needed charged. Not sure how good that is but I really was using it the whole time just about.

One thing I just realized i thought was weird is that there is no notepad app already on here. I use my phone to jot stuff down a lot especially when there is no paper around so that would be helpful so I downloaded one from the market

Try evernote, or spring pad.

My first charge wasn't that great. But the second was really good.
I ended the night last night with 50% left.