HTC Droid DNA Battery Tests Show Good Results Despite Smallish Battery

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Keep telling myself to buy/rent and give it a thrashing, if I don't like, razr maxx HD trade in time.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
There is absolutely no way the ipoop5 has better battery life than the maxx, it only has a 1440 mah battery.

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
drew96dawg said:
There is absolutely no way the ipoop5 has better battery life than the maxx, it only has a 1440 mah battery.

It does in Web browsing everything else the maxx kicks buttons.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
This is a great looking phone except for the lack of an sd card but im determined to give my money to samsung this time around

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I would rather the phone be 1-2mm thinner and have a non removable battery.
I could live without a sd card if there was sufficient storage but 10 gigabytes just isn't enough room with todays high res photos and huge detailed games.I would be happy with 20 but prefer around 30 gigs

revelated

Reaction score
How can the iPhone 5 best the Maxx?

I was just about to call BS because there's simply no way. Even with browsing only, even with optimized browsing, I still don't buy it.

I can sit my MAXX HD on Mobile Hotspot with my Nexus 7 constantly browsing for over 12 hours and still have battery left. I can game on the MAXX HD for at least 10. There's simply no way it's getting 9 hours browsing.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
revelated said:
I was just about to call BS because there's simply no way. Even with browsing only, even with optimized browsing, I still don't buy it.

I can sit my MAXX HD on Mobile Hotspot with my Nexus 7 constantly browsing for over 12 hours and still have battery left. I can game on the MAXX HD for at least 10. There's simply no way it's getting 9 hours browsing.

They claim 16 hours of video playback and I don't see that happening either. On razr maxx which I have.

I didn't conduct the test though.

2001400ex

Reaction score
One thing about these tests is they do not mimic real world. So one test says the DNA gets 4.5 hours of on screen time. But who unplugs thier phone then pounds it for 4.5 hours? They need to do a better job of capturing what happens in a day. So be on the web for a half hour, then used for an hour, then a half hour call, etc. That way we can take into account the use of 4g on standby as well.

Either way, I went with the Maxx hd because the battery.

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
I still feel that 1080p display will drain that battery to no end. Decent life on stock not so convinced. No expandable SD storage no go for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
One thing about these tests is they do not mimic real world. So one test says the DNA gets 4.5 hours of on screen time. But who unplugs thier phone then pounds it for 4.5 hours? They need to do a better job of capturing what happens in a day. So be on the web for a half hour, then used for an hour, then a half hour call, etc. That way we can take into account the use of 4g on standby as well.

Either way, I went with the Maxx hd because the battery.

One site did something like this.....they got about 3.5 to 4 hours on screen time. Total battery life was 27 hours tho. Even tho the on screen time is 4 hours, it can take into account things like being on a call. Most of the time being on call the screen is off. Listening to music the screen can be off. And just the stand by time between uses the screen will be off.

geoff5093

Reaction score
The battery does drain extremely quickly when using the phone, you can almost watch the battery meter draining. I went 6 hours today off the charger before it hit 30%...

Caesars

Reaction score
Maybe Motorola will make a dna maxx Hehe.

Return of the Android

drew96dawg

Reaction score
The battery does drain extremely quickly when using the phone, you can almost watch the battery meter draining. I went 6 hours today off the charger before it hit 30%...

That's unacceptable, what good is a dead phone?